Recent content by BenF

1. BenF

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

screwed-in gold feet, man! Huge improvement! ;)
  2. BenF

TOPPING D90 model history?

Hi Peter, I have only the non-MQA version of the original D90. Just looked into the manual: it doesn't even say which DAC chip is used! To my knowledge, the MQA version also uses AK4499.
  3. BenF

Warning for desktop users: SMSL stacks have issues without workarounds (PC/Mac)

Yes, I do. Edit: I also tested with Topping D90 (original D90, non-MQA version). No problems there either.
  4. BenF

Warning for desktop users: SMSL stacks have issues without workarounds (PC/Mac)

I use a Topping D30 Pro with XMOS XU208 chipset on my Mac mini M1 (2020). I have no problems at all...
  5. BenF

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

I've seen no Topping amp without a fault so far... they should establish at least any kind of QA
  6. BenF

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

You can use it as a metronome now... :p
  7. BenF

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

I'd love to see the Neumann NDH 30 measured!
  8. BenF

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

I don't get your point. All my Cordial cables have Rean/Neutrik connectors. Are you saying these are bad connectors?
  9. BenF

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

They're expensive! I'm usually going for Cordial cables (on amazon).
  10. BenF

Violectric HPA V550 Pro Review (Pre-amp/Headphone Amp)

I'm waiting for the Violectric HPA V222. It's said to be released in October for 1200€.
  11. BenF

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

I love my DT1990 more than ATH-R70x or DanClark Aeon RT... it's a very fine pair of headphones. You can get rid of their treble spicyness with a passive filter or EQ. And they are nearly indestructible.
  12. BenF

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

@amirm When testing SMSL SP400 you wrote: Is this amp behaving the same way?
Top Bottom