Recent content by beefkabob

1. B

Fallout on Amazon

Most TV shows start off rocky, gain some steam, and then peter out. Westworld started strong, weakened a lot, and then came together sorta OK in the end. Peripheral made no sense at any point, though I could look at Moretz all day. Mandalorian and Boba Fett are just silly westerns in space...
  2. B

Fallout on Amazon

Aye. You're too old.
  3. B

Fallout on Amazon

If you didn't play Wasteland in the early '80s, you will never truly understand. Also, I am struggling to get into the show. The pace feels so plodding. Every "twist" is so telegraphed. The acting is so stiff. The moment I start to feel empathy for a character, they go and do something...
  4. B

ADC Recommendations for 3-Way Studio Monitors

99% of audiophile gear right there.
  5. B

ADC Recommendations for 3-Way Studio Monitors

I have a strong suggestion: start over. Disregard everything you have read and decided to do up until this point. Throw it all out. It's tabula rasa time. What do you already own? What is your budget? Are you looking for surround system or stereo or stereo and sub(s)? If you want...
  6. B

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=journanlist+legal+aid There are a lot of laws protecting reviews. Of course it's possibly to run afoul of them, but doing so takes effort. This is an overreaction to a bullying turd of a company.
  7. B

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

Probably unnecessary. Possibly helpful. There are probably journalistic resources available already for this kind of thing. I doubt you need to reinvent the wheel.
  8. B

Horns sound this way? Ribbons sound that way?

I am always confused by subjectivist descriptions of speakers. I've not clue what a metallic sound is. I honestly don't know what my speaker cones are made of, other than that they have traditional drivers and not ribbons. I just looked at the likelihood of good performance and bought them.
  9. B

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I haven't explored the various subjectivist/religious/magical thinking forums, but I'd not be surprised if there was some profound circling of the wagons and, "Well, just to spite the objectivist scum, I'm going to buy $20k in speakers from Tekton today. The microdetails will be magnified by my...
  10. B

You owned an Audi then? You're old! :)
  11. B

Is there such thing as bad publicity?
  12. B

Horns sound this way? Ribbons sound that way?

I keep seeing marketers and posters (elsewhere) say that they don't like horn speakers or they can't stand the sound of a metal tweeter. Is there any truth to all this? I'm sure different designs lead to different compromises, but in the end, a properly engineered speaker should get the job...
Top Bottom