Recent content by beefkabob

1. B

The frailty of Sighted Listening Tests

The handlers bias will affect results.
  2. B

And the great thing is that @amirm gathers and posts the data. That's what elevates this site to science. That and some pretty sound measurement techniques.
  3. B

My experience of listening is that listening critically is difficult. All sorts claim to be able to hear this or that among audio components, like how wires or wooden blocks or expensive capacitors lift veils. There's a ton of bullshit. People can hear things. The drum mic is clipping. The...
  4. B

Salk WoW1 Bookshelf Speaker Review

Still interested in getting other salk speakers sent in for testing. Right now, the single data point is mediocre soundpproduction and high price with a pretty box. Since @jsalk is here, why not? Free testing! I'd love to see his lauded speakers perform well. You can even use the results to...
  5. B

Marantz AV7705 Home Theater Processor Review

The denon are cheaper and have better DAC output plus an amp. They're better in, as far as I can tell, every single way.
  6. B

What happened to Innerfidelity? (automatically diverts to stereophile)

Motor Trend was never much to begin with. Even though they hired some great journalists, they got rid of them too. Meanwhile, Johnny Lieberman stays on. I hated his writing at autoblog and everything he's done since. Car and Driver and road and track are still decent. They laid off many of their...
  7. B

New JBL 4349 Speakers

There is a lot of room for unconscious bias in the subjective part of the reviews. Iddon't put much stock in them. I don't see any conscious bias at all. Mistakes? You've made a few and are eager to correct them and learn. Props to you. This place is the best.
  8. B

8K vs 4K for a large computer monitor?

It's a learning curve. I've settled on about six browser/app/folder windows. I think I will move up to 9. Then I will place the laptop on the side shelf or a side table. The current video card does hdr at 30hz and normal color at 60hz. I'll either have to replace the laptop or get a video card...
  9. B

New hotness. Forehead to screen is 36.5".
  10. B

Denon X3700H or Marantz SR6015?

I thought Marantz was more likely to have poor sound quality.
  11. B

I usually use two screens at home and three at work. One 34 wouldn't be enough for me. Since Zoom lets me share just a window, not a whole screen, I think one huge screen might work. Biggest downside is lack of touchscreen. Here's something cool...
  12. B

Marantz AV7705 Home Theater Processor Review

I already have epic posture problems. Looking up seems to reduce it.
  13. B

The LG CX is supposed to come Wednesday. Once it's set up, I'll let you know how it feels. Costco has a 90 day return police and something like 5 years of warranty included. Since I'll use this 6-12+ hours a day, 7 days a week, that might be good. Now I also wait for a good UST projector to...
Top Bottom