Recent content by Bds3151

1. B

Parasound 2125 V.2 Amplifier Review

I have a couple of solid class D amps - Purifi eval one and VTV 400. They both are very clean and sound good but over time I have gone back to class A/B amps. I'm not sure I could tell in a double blind but the A/B amps just sound more dynamic and the trailing off of notes seem to have more...
  2. B

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

That's why the nickname for the company is "Popping". What high measurement trash.
  3. B

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

We all should stop being Quality Assurance for Topping and reward them by not buying their defective products. This makes at least 3 products I know of that fail soon after purchase. If Amirm was truly trying to look out for us he would label Topping reviews as new products and potentially...
  4. B

SONCOZ SGP1 Stereo Amplifier Review

How do you escalate when they won't respond to you? It wouldn't matter since they have lied and not lived up to their commitments. You've purchased 5 Dac's but how many have you tried to get a refund or replacement? Did they ask you to pay shipping from China for the replacement? Did you...
  5. B

Nope - after very slow responses, they agreed to either refund or replace, I chose refund, and they agreed but stopped communicating and did neither -aholes. But go ahead and learn yourself if you like. Just trying to be a good neighbor and warn others.
  6. B

Not all of us have had luck with APOS. They wouldn't issue a refund for my popping LA90 Discrete, and wanted me to pay for shipping if I exchanged. I had to challenge the charge with my bank. In my experience, they are aholes if you have an issue.
  7. B

Parasound Zamp V.3 Amplifier Review

I have one of these and ran tests - I think you can consider the one Amrim got as broken. Mine doesn't get more than lukewarm and tested much higher than this one. In excess of 90db S/N for example as I don't remember the exact number..
  8. B

Schiit Vidar Amplifier Review

So back to my original question, what measurements make a difference you can hear? I would suspect one of these would be distortion over a percent or so?
  9. B

I'm listening at about 5' with music playing and don't notice hiss. The Exposure just sounds great to my ears. If I turn the volume way up with no music playing, I can hear the hiss at around 11 o'clock. I tried to use shorting plugs on the unused inputs but it didn't seem to make a difference.
  10. B

Since hearing the Stereophile class A rated Exposure 2010s amps, I'm wondering what specs make a meaningful difference? For example, the Exposure amp does not have great S/N ratio (68DB) however sound very good.
  11. B

Geshelli JNOG2 Review (Balanced DAC)

I've had some more puzzling results testing various DAC's with the Right Mark software. Given the above setup, I have consistent loopback results from the X3 in the 102-105db area - so that's about the max I should see. Below are the results from various DAC's, which were all high performers...
  12. B

Yeah I'm convinced it's my test setup after discussing with Geno. I was surprised that substituting better RCA cables made a 20 db difference in S/N! I'm going to order some coaxial rca cables and that should be even better. I'm using Right mark audio analyzer software to a soundblaster x3 line...
  13. B

Has anyone else measured the S/N ratio on this DAC? I'm getting 85 and a Soundblaster x3 reads 105 (max for the input on the ADC for the Soundblaster)
  14. B

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

I finally had to dispute the charge with my credit card company. Apos never responded. Do not make purchases from these fools.
  15. B

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

I'm still waiting on my refund from Apos. They were going to replace it originally but wanted me to pay an extra charge for return shipping. They are slow to respond taking at least 4 days to respond to any questions. Buyer beware!
Top Bottom