Recent content by Bcarroll

1. B

Monitor Audio Silver 50 7g Bookshelf Speaker Review by Erin

Thank You for the honest forthright review. And especilly for realizing the design purpose of the driver securing bolt, not mistaking it for a “wall mounting screw” as another famous reviewer did in his review, thus de-legitimizing every measurement and comment in the review. Which I found...
  2. B

Monitor Audio Silver 50 7g Bookshelf Speaker Review by Erin

Not in my experience. I have 3 different ma speakers currently, and the newer ones (RX6 and Silver 100 6g) use the bolt-through fixing method. I check the bolts a few times a year, and they rarely need tightening. Maybe loosening would occur at higher listening levels.
  3. B

Amazon Music appalling sound quality

Just noticed this yesterday while headphone listening to Stravinsky Firebird on Decca. Although labelled as CD Quality, there was excessive and noticeable distortion on crescendo. I think it’s not worth the extra $ per month compared to Qobuz.
  4. B

Yamaha AVR - Tidal compatibility problem

You’re welcome. I have an A550 that I enjoy. An earlier model than your A1080, the A550 does not support tidal (or Qobuz) from the musicast app. However, I can use musicast to stream internet radio and my ripped cd collection from my nas. Nice little receiver.
  5. B

Yamaha AVR - Tidal compatibility problem

You should be able to stream Tidal using the Musicast app with the A1080. The A1080 is the Musicast device. Do you have the Musicast app installed on a smartphone or Tablet?
  6. B

JBL CBT 70J-1 Review (Constant Beam Transducer)

The Grateful Dead tried this on a grand scale- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Grateful_Dead%27s_Wall_of_sound_schematic.jpg
  7. B

KEF R7 - Is It Worth It?

Another reason to insist on serial number matching is the effect on re-sale value. I replaced a set of Monitor Audio 5 towers this past year, and one of my potential buyers would not purchase them because of mis-matched serial numbers.
  8. B

Cord-cutting/streaming TV apps, 1Q 2020 edition

I’m not sure it’s possible with live tv, haven’t played with it. I will give it a try and report back-
  9. B

Cord-cutting/streaming TV apps, 1Q 2020 edition

Been using at&t now for about 8 months on ipads, appletv, and a roku. It may check some of your boxes, don’t know about 5.1 though. Started out at $50 / month, now it’s about $70. Still cheaper than direct tv for a comparable package. Includes all local atl channels, except pbs. Stream quality...
Top Bottom