Recent content by bcall

1. B

looking for a budget ADAC for my kids computer. Linux.

Maybe something like the Syba SD-DAC63116 for $46, and use the rest of the budget for some Philips SHP9500 and a V-Moda boom mic for $151~ total from Amazon. I think any kiddo would be happy with it.
  2. B

Should I get a DAC to replace my dedicated sound card?

Your Edifier speakers are powered speakers and have their own amp internally, so there's no need to supply a speaker amp for them. One benefit of soundcards I like is you can have both your speakers and headphones plugged in at the same time, and switch your output via Windows. Many lower/mid...
  3. B

Should I get a DAC to replace my dedicated sound card?

Taking a quick look through some measurements posted at reference-audio-analyzer.pro (Headphone Out port) I'd say it looks to be a very competent device: - Flat frequency response out to nearly 19.5KHz - Very low output impedance (1.1 Ohm) - Pretty good output power (216mw @ 100 Ohm, 92mW at...
  4. B

Loxjie D10

That would be the proper way to do it with that setup, however you are at the mercy of the noise floor of your motherboard's mic-in/line-in. The D10's noise floor could very well be far below than what you're seeing on the graph, and is masked by the quality of your motherboard's ADC...
  5. B

Do You Need an External DAC/Headphone Amplifier?

Quick question, was the laptop solely on battery power for these tests?
Top Bottom