Recent content by bbfoto

1. B

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

YES, Unfortunately, the Alpine F # 1 STATUS system is only available as a complete package...DSP, A&K DAP, Amplifiers, 3-way Front Component Speakers and Subwoofer... ~$35k USD if I'm not mistaken. OUCH! :p But they do have a little brother "STATUS" HDP-D90 (non-F # 1) DSP for around $2,400...
  2. B

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

Perhaps you should perform these "startup/ignition" and "shutdown" sequences more slowly in order to let the power grid "catch up" and not cause power sags and surges on the electrical grid. :p ;) I suspect everyone in your surrounding neighborhood knows exactly when you have switched on and...
  3. B

Minidsp C-DSP 8x12 V2.0 Review

Oh, just noticed the gear in your sig. Quite a few car audio guys use the FiiO M11+ or variants connected directly to this miniDSP's coaxial digital input with excellent results. I use my old iBasso DX90 and newer DX320. I'm over on the DIY Mobile Audio forums with the same user name if you...
  4. B

Depending on what vehicle you own and which OEM stereo option package it has, there are now many aftermarket OEM Integration Modules combined with "Plug & Play" Wiring Harnesses (T-harness) that allow you to either replace the OEM head unit with an aftermarket stereo head unit while retaining...
  5. B

Mark, Take a look at the JL Audio TwK 88 car audio DSP which is currently $549 MSRP. It's probably the best you will do price-wise compared to the miniDSP C-DSP 8x12 v2. You can probably get them from a local JL Audio dealer/car audio shop for $50 to $75 less than the MSRP. And second-hand...
  6. B

Yes. But I think it will be a while for the "12 volt" Aftermarket car audio manufacturers to catch up and start manufacturing audio equipment that operates at 48v DC or higher. For now, most of these EVs still have a small 12vdc battery that is charged from the main battery by a DC-DC...
  7. B

Amir mentioned the Clarion unit, which I tried and do not care for just from a functionality/GUI/usability aspect. There are very few aftermarket car stereo head units available these days that have a digital ouput. But one that is currently available is the Stinger HEIGH10, but it is a large...
  8. B

Just here to back up Amir's previous response... ^This could not be any further from the truth! I've been using similar such DSP units in high end car audio systems since the late 1980's. I wouldn't even bother listening to or turning on a car stereo if it did not have (properly tuned) DSP...
  9. B

Review and Measurements of SMSL X-USB Digital Audio Converter

Thank you for this test, Amir. Obvious n00b here reviving and old, dead thread to ask a question! :p ... Are there any newer similar devices that perform significantly or even moderately better than this SMSL? I am currently using the device under review here in my "audiophile" (*cough*)...
  10. B

Amir, you're a star - no, not really, but you should hear this

Unfortunately, even a "Thumbs Down" is computed as a "positive" for the channel in terms of YouTube's algorithms/analytics. You're better off not clicking the Dislike/Thumbs Down button if you take issue with the content or message. This is why some YouTube channel content creaters even state...
  11. B

Kali IN-5 announcement

It is due to BSDRTF... Bald Shiny Dome Related Transfer Function. I have the same issue! It's gotta be either that, or MBRTF (Man Boobies Related Transfer Function)! :p I kid! Sorry for the worthless post and abuse of valuable ASR bandwidth. :oops: I'd like to know what's really...
  12. B

Kali IN-5 announcement

Too bad you didn't keep the old Civic. These concentric drivers could have ended up in your A-pillars, LOL. :p I'll look forward to your test and review.
  13. B

Celuaris SPK5 Purifi Review (speaker)

Interesting use. Don't normally see such a low-efficiency driver being used in a PA environment. :p Also seems like a lot of $$$ for a driver that's only being used to cover such a narrow midrange bandwidth, but considering the cost of the other drivers being used I guess it's...
  14. B

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

@amirm I'm obviously late to the party, but thank you for the excellent review. I started off in my home studio with the little brother KH-120A monitors and still love them. I am still surprised by their low-end response considering their size. Yes, are obviously a bit dynamically limited...
  15. B

What are we listening to right now..

Album Of The Evening - February 5, 2021: naim True Stereo: Unprocessed Analog Recordings - [2004 naim Audio Compilation] https://www.discogs.com/Various-True-Stereo-Unprocessed-Analog-Recordings/release/2163405 This compilation of mostly acoustic instruments and vocals in the jazz genre...
Top Bottom