Recent content by bbforce

1. B

BOXEM Audio | Arthur 4215/E2 Purifi Amplifier | Owners' Thread

What you perceive here is the missing loudness compensation of your pre- amp. This can only be fixed by a pre with such a function - e.g. RME ADI2 DAC series that even allows to adjust the loudness compensation level (separately for low and high- frequency boost).
  2. B

Mine is up and running now since ~2 years with no issues or problems :D
  3. B

Fred (boXem | audio) answered this for me as follows: 31.8 cm of amplifier + about 4 cm of banana + about 5 cm of cable radius = about 41 cm.
  4. B

I have mine in use now for almost one year and I could not be happier - the unit works without any flaws and drives my Klipsch Palladium P-37F with ease. Simply a great product!
  5. B

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

RCA and XLR outputs can be used simultaneousely without any issues - See also sections 19.1 to 19.6 of the manual
  6. B

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Will it be possible to feed the two DACs with independent digital sources and yet control the master volume for all of them at the same time? I think of something like connecting a miniDSP SHD studio with all 4 digital output channels to the RME (e.g. Channels 1/2 by SPDIF and Channels 3/4 by...
  7. B

Most valuable function of the RME is the fully adaptive loudness - I do correct my room- impacts with a MiniDSP SHD studio using Dirac - the result is perfect at normal / high listening volumes but sounds too thin at low volumes- this is why the loudness feature is a must at least for me...
  8. B

Even after very loud hearing sessions the boxem- case is not "hot" - warm yes but not uncomfortable to touch. So i'm not that much concerned to be honest and there is also no need for a fan...
  9. B

Here's mine in operation with an RME ADI2 DAC FS as pre- amp :cool: .
  10. B

MiniDSP 2x4HD/DDRC-24 noise and cracks: How to solve it ?

I do have a MiniDSP SHD studio connected to a RME ADI2 DAC which feeds into a Boxem Arthur Purifi amp - cracks / pops were partly a problem when the MiniDSP was powered off before the RME was - I changed my power off sequence (using a Harmoy remote) and this issue was solved. What I can...
  11. B

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

I can only fully confirm these statements for my Arthur 4215/E2 bought two weeks ago from Boxem - absolute highlight for me is the build quality (housing but also internal layout and cable routing etc). In addition the support from Fred is first class - I had a kind of coil whine that was only...
  12. B

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

Thanks a lot - are there currently any promo- codes available for your amplifiers ? :)
  13. B

Short question - what is the total depth of the Purifi based Arthur 4215/E2 with attached XLR- and speaker- (banana plugs) cables?
Top Bottom