Recent content by batfunk

1. B

Pioneer VSX-LX505 AVR Review

I had a Pioneer Vsx-924 from 2014(?).One day, it shut down in security mode, i had to bring it back to Pioneer maintenance. I never knew why, i never exceeded 80 db with my 5.1 setup. Now, i Know :facepalm:
  2. B

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW-Link Streamer/DAC

Wrong.If you're right, show me your Sub curve corrected by Arc. PW LINK Arc Room Correction is only designed on for 2.0 systems. Just read Pw link specifications or first pages of this thread. Only ARC on more expansive Anthem amps or preamps are designed for one or two subs.
  3. B

No.the only way is to connect your sub to room correction device: Pw link and Forte have no sub output but Pw amp has. one
  4. B

1)you Just need Spotify app on your phone to use Spotify connect with Pw Link. No play-fi needed. 2)push left button on you pw link(blue light :analog, White light digital) 3)don't know. I got huge noise problems when using phono with pw link and dac behind(SMSL m200) (analog->digital...
  5. B

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

I have Audiophonics hpa 400nc(hypex nc 400 version) for two years( i missed purifi version release for one month...). The only problem i got was at the reception, one channel was still active after turning off amp. Mailed them, sent it back same day, they repaired it and sent it back to me...
  6. B

Agreed. I'm very satisfied with Spotify connect(premium), works flawlessly with Pw Link(no gap). Mp3 320 kbps is enough for me, the most important is the quality of recording.
  7. B

Hi ! Pw link accept files up to 24 bits 192 khz but downsample them automatically to 48 khz. If you don't want a gap of 5 s beetween tracks(downsampling), only use 44hz tracks
  8. B

Hi ! Does anyone notice unusual audio cuts during playback with Spotify connect since Last play-fi patch (7. 0.0.1227)? I use cabled connection. Thanks !
  9. B

Drop Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

Same here. With Eq, RT ans Closed X are same Headphones. Drop Closed X are cheaper(with discounts) and DCA 2 years warranty applies too, so get the cheaper. Don't forget you need a beefy Headphone amp to Take full avantage of it...
  10. B

Same low level listening for me, i never exceed 70db.Closed Headphones apply a real sound pressure on ears, contrary to open ones. But i must admit that sound is so good that I'm always tempted to turn it up:p About Black Friday, i didn't notice better price on Closed X than 379 dollars, am i...
  11. B

Well,after days of listening using my own EQ,i must confess i was on the wrong track...I gained a little more slam but sound was too harsh and tiring,even painful after long sessions:confused:. So you win,TheHighContemplator,i surrender!:p.And here come my EQ,guarenteed 100 per cent pleasure...
  12. B

my mistake ,edited and my 7020 filter is down to 3.1 db:facepalm: If you put filter 7020 hz to 3.1 ,lowshelf to 125 +2 db,you get a real balanced and lushy sound,i like it a lot with voice recordings.My Eq is more for "shake your booty" music:p
  13. B

turn off 7020hz:Well ,jazz hi hats are too mute with this.+3 db is a good compromise for musical genre other than jazz and classic 125 hz:better than 105 hz ,bass is really pushed forward,i like it ...but kick drum too :-(+3db is too much ,bass sound is a bit dull,less precise.+2 db is fine!it...
  14. B

+3 for Low shelf ,-3 for high shelf (specially with 80's production) for me, more than +3 bass boost overshadowed the rest of frequency range. As I said, Robbo EQ is the best base(no need to touch high shelf) , well balanced, soudstage width is excellent, all instruments are well détached...
  15. B

hi! i integrated your 7020 hz modification with success:)But Sound was still lacking slam so i started from scratch by using Graph EQ and compared with Robbo curve.i noticed that bass was decreasing under 20 hz with some bumps before.So i remove all peak filters under 200 hz and make low shelf...
Top Bottom