Recent content by Barry_G

1. B

Reliability/Repairability of active monitors?

Thanks for the sensible replies. The Edifiers will be recycled. Luckily I had a pair of 25-year old Jamo CS5's in storage that fired right up.
  2. B

Reliability/Repairability of active monitors?

Long story short: my well cared for Edifier R1700BT active monitors used with my computer failed (no sound) a few months after warranty expired. Edifier said that they were out of warranty and they are not repairable nor would they provide any documentation/parts for me to repair them myself...
  3. B

Hifiman releases EF400 AiO DAC-Amp

The distortion of what is "quite high? What does "low enough to be audible" mean?
  4. B

Choral Music: Best sounding recordings

Beautiful recording:
  5. B

well recorded pop music albums or songs

One of my favs: Besides Steely Dan, Donald Fagen's own records are quite well recorded. Cat Stevens' records from the late 60's and early 70's were also well recorded.
  6. B

Do we need a DDC.....? Or is it BS....

I believe Foobar2000-ASIO bypasses the Windows mixer. I always have the Windows mixer connected to a different device as default sound output.
  7. B

Do we need a DDC.....? Or is it BS....

I have discovered a noticeable difference in sound quality when my JDS EL II stack/Edition XS phones are connected to my Galaxy S8 phone (running USB Audio Player Pro in bit perfect mode) and to my laptop running Foobar2000 with ASIO USB driver. The phone connection sounds better in every way...
  8. B

Hifiman Edition XS

In a word, no. I bought them both at the same time to compare them. I did like the Sundara, but it wasn't close. XS is in a completely different league.
  9. B

Hifiman Edition XS

Edition XS does not reach over my jaw at all
  10. B

Hifiman Edition XS

If the cable you have makes decent electrical connection, just stick with what you've got, they're fine.
  11. B

Reality Check - Does this reviewer make any sense at all?

I don't need to, Amir already did that (as you yourself posted previously):
  12. B

Couple of comments: 1. The stock Edition XS cable does NOT suffer from microphonics. 2. Let's just forget about the absurd Stereophile plot of speaker cable frequency response. That's NOT a plot of speaker cable frequency response. The amp and speakers were both connected when they made...
  13. B

Thanks for posting the link to the headphone cable comparison test. What a breath of fresh air!!!! NO measurable/audible/imagined difference, at all!!!
  14. B

Scientifically speaking, how do audio cables "inject a treble peak"?
Top Bottom