Recent content by barreleye

1. B

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

He designs his EQs such that bass and treble bands can be adjusted to preference. For APM, 17 Hz (subbass) and 105 Hz (bass) are available. The 105 Hz shelf seems pretty consistently present across all his EQs.
  2. B

Color doesn't matter. It just has to be the expensive Apple-branded bidirectional cable. Plug the Lightning end into your APM and the 3.5 mm end into an analog source, and you get audio in your APM.
  3. B

With this $35 cable: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MR2C2AM/A/lightning-to-35-mm-audio-cable-12m-black It's the only one that will work, unfortunately.
  4. B

I'm sure I briefly tried it to see if the oratory1990 PEQ settings sounded the same as with my miniDSP 2x4 HD though a Schiit Heretic amp, and I don't remember anything notable about the results, so I guess it was fine. I use the latter combo every day, and it works great.
  5. B

There has been prior discussion of this, including my post from February 2023, where I described my experience updating firmware after skipping a couple of versions. Like you, I found the headphones suddenly markedly shrill with oratory1990's PEQ, which I'd been using since purchasing them in...
  6. B

Pads are still like new. I'm always skeptical of claims like mine, so I tested this over several sessions over the last couple of weeks, because I really don't want to believe it. I can't imagine positioning of the headphones is a factor. I mean, I'm wearing them like I always have, and the new...
  7. B

I've had the same experience. I've owned my APM for six months, and I don't use them with my iPhone, but I recently did connect them and updated the firmware. I was two versions behind. From the beginning, I've happily used oratory1990's PEQ with Equalizer APO, a Qudelix-5K, and a miniDSP 2x4 HD...
Top Bottom