Recent content by Bambooken

1. Bambooken

Topping E50 or SMSL DO100

My friend is asking: What DAC would be best at or around the $250 range? He's plugging into a vintage integrated amp via RCA jacks. I'm leaning towards the SMSL D100 after reading the remote is a bit better, power supply is internal and slightly lower priced. They both seem to have similar...
  2. Bambooken

Looking for Honest DAC Upgrade Advise

I found the SINAD for the SMSL DO100 (120 dB) but I can't seem to find it for the D10. Anyone have that figure handy? Or, teach me how to fish… ? TIA
  3. Bambooken

My appreciation for the feedback. Thanks all.
  4. Bambooken

@samsa - I'm using my Topping D10 to connect my MacMini server to my audio system vis USB. I take advantage of the highest resolution files I can use. Either CD rips or higher resolution downloads. Putting aside the charts and graphs, do you really think that I would not hear any appreciable...
  5. Bambooken

I 100% appreciate your sentiment, especially the "new toy" angle. I'll probably go with the SMSL, do an A/B comparison with my D10 and take it from there. Again, input from the masses here… opinions especially, are much appreciated.
  6. Bambooken

Currently I have a first generation Topping D10 (I was an early adopter) attached to a 2011 Mac mini that has been stripped down and functions as a dedicated audio server using Audirvāna and Amazon Music "unlimited" version. I listen to vinyl more often but have come to appreciate the ease of...
  7. Bambooken

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

My apologies in advance for this question but here goes… I currently have a D10, RCA out to RCA in on my vintage integrated amp. Is there a way to connect this DAC in a similar manner (1/4” TRS to RCA)?
Top Bottom