Recent content by bajwe

1. B

Reel to Reel workflow and ancillary equipment

I have a diy head (pic below). My producer/recording style is going to be "live studio". With headphone listening to streaming, and the uptake in Sony 360 and Apple spatial, I am hoping a "real" binaural recording would be a good (and cheaper) alternative album/EP for a musician/band. The...
  2. B

I am shallow - and this was my original intention. In fact, my plan A was to buy a donor - just hook up the meters, and rig the motors to spin - perhaps running off a room mic feed so they don't mess with my all digital chain. What got me into trouble was it needed to be local, cheap, black (my...
  3. B

Thank you everyone for your advice. I'm a bit clunky on the forum reply format so forgive me if my replies are inefficient. I've got myself a couple of old-school recording books and will start looking through those dedicated forums. Three of my children are musicians at various stages in...
  4. B

I have just acquired a Otari MX5050BQ2 (4 track) with the aim of doing my own recordings for my own use - think acoustic jazz ensembles (which may include a vocalist). Occasionally, I will try multitracking production down the line. Aiming to learn about mic recording techniques and enjoying a...
  5. B

Review and Measurements of Schiit Saga Tube Pre-amp

Hi, can any users tell me if the Saga remembers the volume level for each input? The manual is silent on that so I suspect it doesn't.
  6. B

Need some Preamp recommendations

I am also looking for a good analog preamp to drive my Ghent ncore 122. I already have a lovely Meridian AV preamp (565), but I have collected a few streamers/CD/Dacs (marantz CD-60, meridian 508, chromecast, Topping D10) and would like to hear them in the flesh (the 565 digitises analog...
Top Bottom