Recent content by Backflash

1. B

Motu M2 Review (Audio Interface)

VID_07FD&PID_000B&REV_0200&MI_00 VID_07FD&PID_000B&MI_00 H/W id on mine. Why is it double?
  2. B

Adam T5V Review (Studio Monitor)

Hunting for speakers I saw this posted a lot all over internets "man these speakers midrange is meh" about pretty much every speaker on the market depending who you ask, about Adams too, even saw a few people say that about 8010 Genelecs. I thought it was weird. Probably what happens, people put...
  3. B

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

Hm, that's odd, you sure you are not running any EQs, something like oratory or similar? Footsteps, if we are talking games, is upper-ish treble, not an amp issue then. Usually if amp is too weak lower fq suffers the most.
  4. B

Turns out culprit was the new MOTU driver feature "sync windows sample rate to device", deleted sonaworks just in case too. I'm sure PEQ is enough, but having an opportunity to go all the way and not use it would make me want to tweak it more and more, it's better to try everything I can right...
  5. B

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

I got M2 and HD600, sound really great through it. I'm comfortable at 12 on the volume control, the amp is surprisingly strong for a USB. at full power it's quite loud to my taste.
  6. B

That's the thing, it doesn't work in EQ APO that way. It's fine in other players. I tried various rates, but with EQ APO buzzing goes away only if the sample rate is different. Not that easy locally, I'm in middle of ruslands, going to save up for sonaworks xref20, it's the closest cheap thing...
  7. B

Small report on EQ APO Convolution, because google works in mysterious ways and could lead someone here, extreme buzzing I got goes away when I switch DAC to 44.1 but filter is at 48khz, I have no clue why. It does ~50 measurements, have to stand there hand wave the mic, what I think it's...
  8. B

Filter: ON HSC Fc 5000 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1 For HF in EQ APO for first measurement I posted. 1khz limit for correction there, second one I thought I'd try whole range correction. Sonaworks measured 1.1 db difference between channels, subjectively very slight difference, also I messed up target in...
  9. B

No need for SPL meter because only relative is important. I tried out Sonaworks trial. It is very interesting, and very expensive. So what I did is measure my current eq apo filters vs sonaworks correction. As I understand it, sonaworks fixes the latency automatically, which is brilliant, if...
  10. B

I got mine 250 euro for pair, that is clean enough for such price. Neumann KH80 is 400. Genelec 8010 is 220. Kali LP6 is 200. For one monitor.
  11. B

EQ APO, I need my PC to produce corrected audio.
  12. B

As you can see It's not ideal, need to apply more relaxed filtering I think, previous measurement set was probably with an error. Learning to read timing information, wonder if I need to dabble in rephase or not. Eh, at least I got a new hobby.
  13. B

After two months of using them I would like to give minor advice for people who want to get them for desktop multimedia like me and skim this thread for some useful info. If you are gaming, consider going balanced, with something like focusrite solo 3rd gen(I think it's the cheapest decent DAC...
  14. B

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Speakers sound wrong, measure room, see peaks, EQ peaks, sounds good, measure room, see flat. I make a deduction measurement is everything. Monkey see, monkey do, monkey happy.
Top Bottom