Recent content by Bach

1. B

Focal Kantana 3 vs B&W 804 d4 - which would be less bright/fatiguing?

Doubtful. Even a child prodigy can not design that speaker just by himself.
  2. B

2.1 System with deep subwoofer for 500 - 700 USD

It seems you already have all the gear. Wish you a lot of fun with it.
  3. B

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

Had a Krell CAV 150: horizontal fins; have two Classe CAP101: horizontal fins. So that brands and their designers produced crap designs? I do not think so.
  4. B

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

I feel sorry for those that seem not be able to stick to the subject of this thread. For general frustration about a brand, they could start a own thread, although this forum contains the word "science" in its name.
  5. B

So you are interested and are willing to postphone your buy.. How much time do you want to delay? How do you measure or interpret a quality improment to motivate you buy decision?
  6. B

Best audio quality speaker under 400€

Maybe Testberchte.de: fits your needs for opnions en valuation on 20 wlan spekers in 2023.
  7. B

A Call For Humor!

Guess: the vac cleaner is for the speakers; the laundry basket for the amp; the ironing for the dac
  8. B

You switch continiously from objective to subjective and at the end back to objective. Nice try but to obvious for me.
  9. B

Wood acoustic diffusers have become a decorative item - loved the idea!

The Esty's do not change my view on room absorption nor make me want to buy them. Whenever there will be absorption installation, it will have to be scientifly based structures. Form follows function, and adding good looking design should not deteriorate the absorption function.
  10. B

A poll cannot be regarded as a scientific base for conclusions about issue-rate. The issue-reporters will always be overrepresented, as compainers are more motivated to express their issues, as a way to get attention, give way to their negative emotions, feel confirmed in their experiences and...
  11. B

Which drivers for highly custom, small enclosure?

My layperson says: read the answer on the site of The Linkwitz on: Do I need to add a subwoofer to reproduce the lowest bass frequencies?
  12. B

I know about these facts you give.
  13. B

A corner of 30 Hz: does that mean the -3dB point? How much attenuation Is there at 20 Hz? A bit is rather vague. When the argument for any subs is lack of space, then why adding the argument of it being no issue?
  14. B

So, did you abstinate on bass below 30? If no, what subwoofer did you add to your setup?
  15. B

This is not a reaction nore advice, within the mentioned limitations, but about the chararcteristics of the LX521: - Open-baffle, dipolar radiator, < 20 Hz to 20 kHz. - Response -3 dB at 30 Hz (Q < 0.5) on ground plane, free-field.
Top Bottom