Recent content by B&WTube

1. B&WTube

Carver Raven 350 Review (Tube Amp)

I bet you wouldn’t talk like that in person. In real life if someone is nicely trying to explain their point, a gentleman who knew more who than another might say, “Here is where you are mistaken- the sag/slew rate is not affected because of xyz. Component tolerance doesn’t matter cause xyz...
  2. B&WTube

When you have a higher slew rate, your amp will be faster and more detailed (to a certain extent). To get a higher slew rate typically you need higher voltage (VTA has this). It is also good to have some fast caps to store and discharge voltage for dynamic stuff (VTA has caps on VTA board, plus...
  3. B&WTube

Accurate reproduction of the recording. The VTA is faster and more detailed. It has these properties because of the improved hardware, gain stage, and tighter tolerances. Just waiting for someone to explain why a slower, muddier, worse design, with lower quality everything is ‘better’. To be...
  4. B&WTube

Talking about people who have owned them for decades and have owned many iterations. The ST70 is like the Chevy 350- it has a huge following and some people with no knowledge, as well as great circuit designers. It seems like we are here: “I measured Rosie o'donnell and Scarlett Johansson and...
  5. B&WTube

Seems like you are making pretty large assumptions leaps by taking a preamp that Roy Mottram designed and are comparing it to a totally different designed preamp, and then extrapolating that to VTA-70 vs original ST-70, which you have not really studied, let alone heard. This is not some...
  6. B&WTube

Yes, but there has to be enough humility of the people looking at the science to realize that this hasn't been all figured out. We need to increase the use of science, but surely the goal should be to address subjective observations with scientific explanation. I agree that better specs and...
  7. B&WTube

This is exactly where this forum has issues. Everyone who has heard both or upgraded their ST to VTA knows the VTA sounds better. Its much faster, cleaner, and has better bass response. However, on the measurements it fails. There has got to be some sort of pulling the subjective side more...
  8. B&WTube

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Sounds condescending towards the US, but I’m not sure why, in light of how the US’s per capital GDP outpaces the EU between 40-52%, depending on how you look at the numbers. It simple- if people are offered spend more money, or pay it to the government- they spend it on something someone else...
  9. B&WTube

Yes, BUT the system is incentivized towards spending extra money on growth and cool toys, to avoid taxes. Escalade, G-Wagon, GLS450, Range Rovers all has gross weight over 6,500- making them a write off, which is many businessmen have them (I have 2 years left on mine). There are charity balls...
  10. B&WTube

I understand where you are coming from, but using a large company's margins doesn't necessarily mean anything here. Book profit vs taxable income can be massively different- just look at Amazon. In a given electronics company, we don't know how the accounting and spending is done (regular and...
  11. B&WTube

Agreed- they are making great margins. You can buy small run boutique stuff and come in less (what I have decided to do after seeing this mess). Once back in stock- a JLE board and Connex PSU is $250 (or MicroAudio for $55more) , and you have a better product that has gone through countless...
  12. B&WTube

Review and Measurements and miniDSP 2x4 HD DSP and DAC

Everything performing DSP functions, that is outputting Analog is using a DAC. Therefore, the better DAC will still output a better signal. However, if there is a place to sacrifice the top quality signal- it would be to the subwoofer.
  13. B&WTube

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Thanks. I want the DSP from Camilla, so I guess I am just SOL indefinitely...and also, I am not paying more than what I already pay for streaming.
  14. B&WTube

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

What competes with the Boss2? I have been trying to buy one, but their are no RPI 4's to be had at regular prices- and I missed the used one the Boss 2 Plug N Play that just come up on eBay. Tired of waiting, but it doesn't seem like there is anything close to as good, that can run...
  15. B&WTube

WTB: Allo Boss2

There was a guy Roland01, who posted about having one, but the post is gone, and I can't find him as a member. He seemed to have a legitimate email. Was the guy booted from the forum for some reason?
Top Bottom