Recent content by AwesomeSauce2015

1. A

Denon AVR-X3800H is released.

If that's true then the x3800h is a ripoff in my book. If Dirac was included for $1700, then it starts to make sense with 11.4 capability (as long as it actually can independently process 4 subs, and we know Dirac can handle them) ... sigh ... Looks like I'm going to have to hack up an AVR...
  2. A

Denon AVR-X3800H is released.

While it seems like an amazing device, which should be usable as a dedicated processor, I really don't like the price. $1700 is just way too much... Now, if they had managed to integrate Dirac in at launch for that price, I would be much more interested, but there is no confirmation (remember...
  3. A

what is your definitive and dream speaker that you would have?

Headroom, and that includes the sub amps. Each 18"/21" sub would probably have about 2kw of amp power, and I would have multiple subs to get ULF + even response. That's 8-10kw right there. Add 3 M2 and 10+ 708i, and you're looking at some serious power. The 708 surrounds would be passive, but...
  4. A

McIntosh XCS1.5K launched

Yeah... I guess... Looking at them the design still seems flawed. 2x 6.5" midmidbasses, yet they have 6x 8" midbasses? What's the point!?!?!? I guess I'm just not impressed by these kinds of things anymore. They could probably get similar SPL out of 2x 12" midbass and 2x 8" mid drivers. I guess...
  5. A

what is your definitive and dream speaker that you would have?

For a realistic room: JBL M2 LCR + multiple 18 or 21" subs - with the 708 as surrounds.. Add about 15kw of DSP amps and a trinnov processor and you've got my end goal. If I had enough money to build a big room: Custom unity horn system with 2x18" bass, 4x8" mid, and whatever's better than the...
  6. A

McIntosh XCS1.5K launched

They claim a power rating of 1500w... The horizontal directivity will either be really impressive, or it will completely suck with that driver arrangement. Probably the latter... If I was blowing that much on speakers, I'd build a proper room with a false wall, and not need a center channel of...
  7. A

SVS Prime Bookshelf Speaker Review (by EAC)

The speaker is compressing by > 1db at [email protected] The one thing this speaker might have done good is get loud, which is what home theater needs. Directivity and frequency response are unacceptable at this price level. (Although if directivity was good I wouldn't care about FR as EQ can fix it.)...
  8. A

Upgrading Sub from KEF-Q400 to REL T7X, does it make sense?

With that budget I'd say get 1 or 2 SB-1000 pro instead of a mini sub. They can come in black and white, and I personally think they look fine. I can't recommend anything from REL. I recently was auditioning one of their subs (t/9x I think) in my room next to my SB-2000. The SB 2000 cost less...
  9. A

Sonos Play 5 vs Genelec 8361A

Neumann is also quite expensive (in the U.S.A), so they're out for this. But JBL: I can get the 708P for about $2k each. Around 4-5k/pair. They have good directivity, MORE power than the genelecs (IMO), flat FR, and fairly good distortion. Then with the extra money I save I could add subwoofers...
  10. A

Aand I misspeeled it... lol wrong word. I meant to say "ignorance". ignorance is bliss...
  11. A

I second all of these. Sorry for your loss of innocence! And also, Welcome to understanding proper Hi-Fi!
  12. A

Quick and dirty room mode correction

Main Listening Position Less speaker->MLP distance means more direct sound which means less room effect... Although very small rooms have their own issues. Room correction isn't really a 1 and done thing. You have to correct specifically for your setup. I mean, my stereo is setup in a...
  13. A

Kef Blade one Meta - How is the sound ?

My 2 cents: I "listened" to a pair of blade 2 at a store real quickly. Good bass, and everything else was kinda "meh" - unmemorable. The demo models were probably not setup correctly, but the room was reasonably well built. The JBL HDI-3800 + matching subs + SDP-55 (IIRC) + JBL amps, system at...
  14. A

in-ceiling speaker recommendation for large space

Re sweetchaos: Please note that my comment was directed at the Ci200RR-THX. It is a single 8" coaxial driver. Not a 3-way in-wall speaker with dual dedicated bass drivers in a high-Q enclosure. I have heard many KEF products, and they always seem to lack midbass punch both subjectively and...
  15. A

in-ceiling speaker recommendation for large space

1. No, I'm not exactly advocating the KEF as the best option unless you like the KEF sound. KEF doesn't sound like JBL / Revel. I personally like the way JBL sounds vs KEF, due to their use of compression driver tweeters. But if you want even coverage I would say that the KEF Ci160RR-THX would...
Top Bottom