Recent content by auricom

1. A

Sennheiser HDV-820 USB DAC & Headphone Amp Review

New cable works :D After inspecting both cables I noticed the old one was missing 1 pin in both ends. I had taken them out to improve SQ.. worked well with my old device, but not with these. Dunno why that is, maybe they need more bandwidth, but the missing pin should be there to give power, not...
  2. A

I tried Mytek this time, and it's also not working! Can't see it in Windows sound settings, or play anything. But at least I can control it via software, so the link is working. I installed all available drivers and software. Something is not right here. I will try with another cable later, but...
  3. A

Cannot get HDV 820 to work on my PC (USB), no matter what I do. It's not showing on my Windows sound settings. Doesn't recognize it at all. Driver installation doesn't help. I installed this driver numerous times, found under "Application Software"...
  4. A

Ordered this together with Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ to test which works better as all-in-one, for now. Both used. I have HD 800 (original, modded) among some other headphones. So yes, I think I could find something better than RME ADI-2 DAC FS for the same price (800€), talked in other thread. I mean...
  5. A

RME ADI-2 DAC FS - AKM Versus ESS Measurements (DAC, Preamp & Headamp)

Thanks for the replies. I don't own ADI-2 DAC FS yet. Would the older ADI-2 PRO FS be better or worse SQ wise (headphones/speakers)? I suspect not better. One used is available. https://www.rme-usa.com/files/uploads/RME-Products/Converter/ADI-2-Pro-FS-C.png When it arrives I can compare it to...
  6. A

RME ADI-2 DAC FS - AKM Versus ESS Measurements (DAC, Preamp & Headamp)

I also don't understand this. AK4493 (v2) should have letter B, and also hole, the one coming to me has a slightly different looking hole (might be because of lighting), letter B, and larger remote. RME forums also say letter B stands for v2, and C for v3 (ESS). Anyway, I'm unsure of my...
  7. A

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

I'd have a change to get these at a good price (unused, but open box), almost 1000€ less than the current sale price. Of course this would be a big investment, and I'm not sure. It's hard to compare to speakers from Genelec etc. and I haven't heard any. But that isn't super important, because...
  8. A

Kali MM-6

Weird thing. Nothing on their youtube release video either. Sound was also closer to Genelec 8030C quality than I remembered. Genelec is better, but Kali is close. And not even better in every way. Now I strongly consider their 3-way models again.
  9. A

Kali MM-6

Cannot edit, but I noticed that the orange light also takes the slight self-noise away.
  10. A

Kali MM-6

I got a pair of these speakers really cheap, 200€ new, with XLR cable and everything. I think it was a pricing error, and was corrected fast. My first Kali speakers. First impressions: Great studio monitors. Not as good for normal listening, but not bad either. Sound is somewhat hollow, and...
  11. A

Active Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

I've been thinking the same. It doesn't make the rating useless, but definitely less useful. Of course not all 3-way speakers are better than all 2-way speakers. There are plenty of cheap and bad 3-way speakers. But I know this is not what @sweetchaos meant. More expensive Neumann 3-way is...
  12. A

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

That would be much more, too much with 2 Genelec subs, and I have a fixation for 2 subs, even if I might not need. 8331A is quite weak, at least that is the impression I have got. 8341A is one option of course, but haven't seen single good price yet. And alone it doesn't go very low.
  13. A

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

Would you take 8351B or 8260 for near-field use (1.5m), small to medium sized room? I understand 8351B is better, but 8260 goes much lower. It would be without subwoofers. Asking if I happen to find good deal later.
  14. A

Sub Advice for Genelec 8350

I'm not expert, but have read quite a lot of these, and other forums lately. I would stick with Genelec SAM sub (or 2), if you have Genelec SAM speakers. Otherwise it's not ideal setup (or purchase). If that is too much (I think it is), maybe sell your speakers, and get something bigger from...
  15. A

Rank studio monitors/active speakers you have heard

I read O 300 has very weak bass and needs a sub, while 8050 has plenty and goes low (but not suitable for louder mid field listening) so aren't they very different in that aspect too + 3-way vs 2-way.
Top Bottom