Recent content by augerpro

1. augerpro

CTC and the CEA2034 spec

I always design floorstanders to have the design axis at about 40", which is a common ear height at the listening position. So no problem there. But standmounts require the listener to properly set them up, and I worry if I design something and someone builds and doesn't like it - but never set...
  2. augerpro

CTC and the CEA2034 spec

Correct. My spacing is just under 8" I think with a 2.4khz crossover. About 1.4x crossover wavelength.
  3. augerpro

CTC and the CEA2034 spec

Mid to tweeter. Yes filter type plays a role. LR2 often do real well. But LR4 can be made to work well enough - as shown above.
  4. augerpro

CTC and the CEA2034 spec

I should note, the reason the responses roll off so fast >4khz is that I had to use a 4" driver as a stand-in for my waveguided tweeter. I'm only looking at the crossover area, so just ignore >4khz.
  5. augerpro

CTC and the CEA2034 spec

The inventor of VituixCad had started a discussion around what the optimum center-to-center spacing vs crossover frequency was. The claim was better vertical reflection responses as defined by the CEA2034 spec can be had at 1.2-1.4x ctc. I had my doubts, but did a quick idealized sim in...
  6. augerpro

GR Research No Res alternative?

I would just use Resonix and wool batting. If you really wanted something closer to NoRez, you could use melamine foam instead of the wool batting and glue it to the Resonix with Loctite PL300.
  7. augerpro

Revel M105 Copy DIY build

Apparently that the only way to reduce the non-linear distortion components: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/exploring-purifi-woofer-speaker-builds.352063/page-70#post-6983512
  8. augerpro

I know the breakup is extended on the SB, but you might try a notch in series with the woofer, and closer to it than the rest of the network. Per Lars at Purifi this will also remove the harmonic distortion related to the breakup. Other forms of filtering do not have this property. I asked...
  9. augerpro

Are you using DSP? If so, play the music where you hear the issue and turn a driver off and see which is the offender. If it's woofer I would suspect breakup needs better suppression. If the tweeter i would suspect it needs Fs compensation. EDIT: tweeter seems a little hot 4-6khz.
  10. augerpro

DIY Compact tower speakers recommandation

I think a lot of the sales for the ZA14 were driven by the kits that use the DQ25. So if that goes away... I hope nothing happens to the ZA14, I think it sounds fantastic, as long you're not crossing high. Anyway, Sorry OP for the off topic.
  11. augerpro

DIY Compact tower speakers recommandation

Wonder what the implies for Zaph's ZA14?
  12. augerpro

Next week I'll be testing a 3D-printed template. If it works well, I'll be posting them on my site and also update all the waveguide files because the mounting flange has to be tweaked. People would need a 5/16" OD and 1" OD template guide bushing to use it.
  13. augerpro

Erin> I'm designing a family of speakers soon, using my waveguides, CLD construction, and port that eliminates the pipe resonances. The first examples will be 2-way bookshelf-type speakers as a proof of concept. I would be curious how those look on the Klippel.
Top Bottom