Recent content by AudioManNewb

1. A

Calibration tool for Headphone + Hearing capability

Probably a stupid question but when doing the test do you leave the noise on or turn it off?
  2. A

Apple Dongle (USB-C to 3.5 mm) ADC quality with EarPods/free headsets

I love the Apple Dongle but can not figure out why it worked flawlessly with my headset I upgraded and it does not work at all with the new headset. It can see it plugged into my windows PC but can not see the mic input. New headset is the VZR model one.
  3. A

Calibration tool for Headphone + Hearing capability

Just found this tool in EQ APO. What is the dummies guide to using it? Which phon do I use? They have corrected, 100 - 20, and hearing threshold?
  4. A

Review and Measurements of Sound BlasterX G6

For those interested I have the G6 for sell with all original accessories manual and original box. Selling $140 with all fee's and shipping covered. Shoot me a DM.
  5. A

K have it all connected up. In the G6 SPDIF set to 87% Only question I have should volume be controlled through my onboard realtek digital output or the G6's volume?
  6. A

If there any advantage or reason on PC to run the G6 through optical with USB as the power source?
  7. A

Suggestions for loud, clear and neutral headphones

Mackies MC seriers of headphones have a loud and clear sound. Headphonecheck has measurements and the seem to be harmanish.
  8. A

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

What other small USB devices perform the same or better than the apple dongle that output 2.0 Vrms?
  9. A

My use case is connected to a Atom Amp+. I assume the amp would prefer to be feed 2Vrms rather than the 1Vrms the apple feeds it. The ones amirm did in this review will be sufficient.
  10. A

For $10 you can not beat the apple dongle. I wonder if the TempoTec Sonata HD II beats it in performance and if it can actually output 2Vrms.
  11. A

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Motherboard Audio Review

Ill turn there smart amp on put it to its highest level. Until somebody tells me otherwise.
  12. A

What I meant was I have the same setup they have Atom Amp to Rear Line out. I edited it above for clarity.
  13. A

That is what I am doing currently same setup but I have no idea if I should in the drivers of Realtek be running the smart amp on level 3 or just leaving it connected to the Front Speaker out(rear) without the amp on. Would that be considered double amping? Line Out only gets 1V smart amp or amp...
  14. A

I currently own the Atom Amp+ have the ability to connect via 3.5mm to 3.5mm or 3.5mm to 2x RCA. Currently running into my motherboards Z390 Aorus Elite onboard Realtek ALC1220-VB which will probably score similar to the Z390 Aorus Master. Currently have the Smart amp turned off and running the...
Top Bottom