Recent content by audio8

1. A

NAD T778 Audio/Video Receiver (AVR) Review

Well... I'm glad I asked. I ended up getting an Anthem MRX 740 from a local dealer, and I totally love the sound! I got the 740 because I want to set up a 5.1.4 system, with the front speakers driven by an Anthem MCA 225 Gen 2 (which I expect will make stereo sound even better, even though I'm...
  2. A

That sounds good! I asked my original question in the hope of simplifying my choices... but in fact they are multiplying Not a bad thing, I have more units to check. I wonder if anyone here with audiophile ears had a chance to check more than one of these (Marantz, NAD, Denon, Anthem) side by...
  3. A

Not really implying, more like hearsay... I haven't tried either unit yet, I've just seen some good reviews of the T778 regarding its sound quality for stereo listening. When all is said and done, I will believe my own ears, it is just that it's not easy to get my hands on some units to test...
  4. A

OK, thanks. I will try them then... I also like that the NAD has Dirac, and Marantz also promised Dirac as an add-on to the Cinema 50 later. So I guess Denon doesn't use Dirac then?
  5. A

Interesting! Since I am a musician and all sound is highly subjective, I never really judged equipment based on measurements, but what I hear, how much I like a certain sound. I have a really expensive pair of custom high end speakers and they sound 90% as good to me in my room with my old...
  6. A

Thank you! I am not really considering a Denon due to their (lack of) high end quality of the 2 channel sound, so it's really a decision between the Marantz and the NAD. I also like BluOS and the touch screen of the NAD, but since I will have a 2 channel setup with the processor in the front of...
  7. A

Thank you - I checked the Denons, and while I am sure they make great home theater receivers, in the stereo sound department, they are not up to par with the top of the line NAD and Marantz units - and stereo is really important for me. Marantz Cinema 50 also has 4 independent sub outs, and...
  8. A

I am setting up my home theater with custom high end audiophile speakers. I am into high end audio so I am building a custom room that will be optimized for both stereo audio and a 5.1.4 Atmos setup. I do have a separate 2 channel setup for music, but I would love to replace it with just one...
Top Bottom