Recent content by audio4life

1. A

Comparison of DRCs: Dirac Live for Studio, IK Multimedia ARC System 3 and Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio edition

Quick update guys...thanks so much for this thread! The ARC 3 and the mic have been stellar for me. One thing I noticed is how natural it sounds. I directly compared it with Sonarworks and after 6 years or so with SW I'm sticking with arc.
  2. A

Comparison of DRCs: Dirac Live for Studio, IK Multimedia ARC System 3 and Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio edition

Just wanted to update you guys (if anyone cares lol) I decided to order the specific IK mic for the ARC measurements! :cool:
  3. A

Thanks a lot! Yes, not huge discrepancies but nonetheless SO fascinating the manufacturer of said mic actually has the least reliable cal file! I suppose short of simply going ahead and using the Dayton at 0, pointing in the direction of the speakers without a cal, I could consider the actual...
  4. A

How interesting! A few years ago I noticed something odd in the high end, maybe it was indeed due to this. But I'm just wondering is it something they can correct and reupload for the user to use or maybe it's just better not to use the cal file altogether like the link suggested. Wow, thanks...
  5. A

You guys are tremendously knowledgeable and the more I learn from here the more indecisive I become haha The more you know the more hesitant you are, at least for me. In my case, I will be using a Dayton emm-6 and of course it has its own cal files. And @dominikz that was a really great and...
  6. A

GREAT thread! Regarding how to position microphones for room analysis, it isn't quite clear. Traditionally, for room analysis it was always said to use a 90 degree position, pointing at the ceiling and 0 for loudpseaker analysis. But I remember Sonarworks and I'm seeing ARC 3 now demonstrating...
  7. A

Please help me choose controller monitor/DAC

Ok here are my answers and my analysis as to why I picked what I picked... Fiona Apple - Z is the 8th gen. Marley - A Cowboy - B Jennifer - B Woods - A Ry Cooder - B Surprisingly, for 8 passes or so, they don't sound as bad as they should. Essentially the 8 gen passes have less stereo "space"...
  8. A

Indeed, Sonarworks as well as superb room treatment. I was doing mixing professionally for a long time, so those classic disciplines like room acoustics were drilled into me at audio school 20 + years ago, and I am thankful for that haha.
  9. A

Thank you, it's a reasonable conclusion and it sort of sparked the idea, well why not then shell out a little money for the "best version" of the ID14, the mkii. This could be perhaps the compromising decision with perhaps peace-of-mind specs of something I have already versus something...
  10. A

Excellent, thanks! I will take a listen sometime tomorrow evening, looking forward to it. :cool: BTW, what the hell is with the post above mine! SPAMilicious (EDIT: SPAM was removed)
  11. A

I would love to hear those files. I'm a bit of a A/B'er, sort of known for it in my audio circles lol. I've posted many as well over the years, usually like plugins vs one another or vs their hardware counterpart, which was always fun. I think the multi-generational pass is great. I also like...
  12. A

Thanks Blumlein 88. The SMSL is definitely not shabby at all, impressive. Unless I missed it, I didn't see a USB connection. Now I have an interfacing card, a damn good one by Lynx, but I like having a USB option. I'm positive, as an apples to apples comparison, the SMSL is essentially just as...
  13. A

lol well this didn't get any where... After researching, I think I want to go with ADI-2 DAC FS. There is just no good comparisons/ADA captured loops that would allow me to compare the difference from an ID14. I'm getting back into the swing, so I want to ensure the ADI-2 is very different than...
  14. A

Hi, I thought the preamble about the Avocet made it implicit, but to answer the question directly, no I have no recording requirements. I only need neutral monitoring. So no ADC required.
Top Bottom