Recent content by asraust

1. A

Lamenting the lack of good quality budget A/V Preamplifier/Processors

Replaced my Pro-Ject Amp Box DS2 Monos with a Audiophonics MPA-S250NC (RCA). Class-D, Hypex Ncore NC252MP. According to specs THD+N 0.0015%, SNR 121dB. Input sensitivity: 1.66 V (was 550 mV on the Pro-Jects). Didn't want to go for even higher sensitivity so I could also drive it via some weaker...
  2. A

I know that I wouldn't want to "boost" the signal. But the TC-780LC seems to be able to lower the voltage as well. Thanks for the link. Looks like a good and much better solution. Albeit they are not super-cheap and I would need at least three of them (L/R/C). Since I got my Pro-Ject Amps used...
  3. A

Thanks for your thoughts. Nominal Output level from NuXinema isn't specified on the website, but in their product video they say it can generate over 4V of output voltage. So it seems to be a gross mismatch. Still didn't expect it to be that much audible hiss. I tried to put a cheap "TC-780LC"...
  4. A

The power amp is fixed gain. The volume setting on the pre (NuXinema) doesn't effect the hiss.
  5. A

So I got my NuXinema today, connected my two fronts to it and got massive hiss (room volume level). I made a recording during a quiet film scene on low room volume (about one third of max volume on the NuXinema): https://we.tl/t-dnKSSXKfml Just a recording from my mobile phone, but that's about...
  6. A

Could be meant as a worst case. I asked them on their forum. We'll see if they respond with more details. Anyway: 84 SINAD should probably be good enough for me. I ordered the NuXinema. Will get mine next week.
  7. A

I don't know much about THD and SINAD. They say 0.006%THD+N over the complete volume range. Is this the usual specification or is it usually measured at a certain output level? (Still "not very impressive"?)
Top Bottom