Recent content by Askew

1. Askew

Apple Music lossless is finally coming to Windows 11!

Windows and Android versions of Apple software are always in my opinion a half baked piece of software. I use iCloud in a browser window for my photos and videos to import my files to Windows (I use an iPhone and also a Windows 10 PC). When it comes to streaming audio, Apple have made absolutely...
  2. Askew

How Can I Attenuate High Frequency Sounds In A Room? (15kHz+)

I don't want to have to do this every time I upgrade my rig when an enclosure would permanently address it. Also, replacement or "treatment" of a component that is otherwise ideal such as a high end GPU for this reason isn't something I want to have to do either.
  3. Askew

Do you think that removing the side panels of my PC case and just placing the chassis in an MDF box with studio foam on the inside would achieve better results than leaving the side panels on and doing the same? Sorry if I am misunderstanding and you mean that the issue is worse in rooms with...
  4. Askew

Honestly it is hard to rule out a power supply without dedicated load-applying test equipment. I could use any combination of parts and only some make it exhibit the sound. There are too many variables with switching components inside the case, so I just want to put the whole thing in an...
  5. Askew

The use case is a my PC tower, there are many electronic devices inside of a computer capable of emitting mosquito noise when under load (and sometimes not). The most common culprits are SSDs, and GPU/CPU VRMs when loaded. I am 32, I have tested my hearing with a online tests and I can hear up...
  6. Askew

TIDAL HI-FI + ROON: some albums only offer an MQA version?

I just read through this article specifically covering Tidal's MQA and various methods of decoding it both completely and not. Article on Blogspot I hope you find it as interesting as I did.
  7. Askew

It is very off putting, I cannot hear any benefit provided by MQA so for me it is not useful and only serves to require the use of more hardware to unfold it and to introduce unwanted DRM to my music. I was interested in Tidal because some music on Spotify has audible (to me) compression...
  8. Askew

You know, when I was using my free trial of Tidal and subsequently researching MQA, I had the persistent question of whether Tidal will serve me unfolded MQA files if I just request Hi-Fi (FLAC) or will it always have a FLAC file that does not contain MQA encoding available to stream seperately...
Top Bottom