Recent content by Arsonistic

1. A

Speaker Feet for Newbies

Cuz I'm craaaaaazy :3 Could you clarify what you mean by lateral movement? How much?
  2. A

Speaker Feet for Newbies

How much movement are we talking here? Would you feel safe putting something on top of the speaker?
  3. A

Speaker Feet for Newbies

Cheers. Had a fairly thorough read of the thread and the gist seems to be kind of what I expected: Feet and isolation doesn't matter much for well-constructed speakers. It's mainly for the practical benefit of making them stand securely. Yes, near-field. That's not a bad-looking stand. And at...
  4. A

Speaker Feet for Newbies

Standard colored wood(-ish?) ikea desk. Speakers(Yamaha HS5) did not come with feet.
  5. A

Speaker Feet for Newbies

I'm fairly new to the Hi-Fi audio world and I'm curious if there's any good info on what to look for in speaker feet. I'm guessing they don't make a large difference as long as your stuff isn't reverberating from the vibrations, but I figured I'd ask just in case.
  6. A

Speaker feet and angle adjustment

Er.. I'm thinking more along the lines of: Do I place a book under it? :D I.e: how do I physically move the speaker in a stable way that doesn't require me to get a 100$ stand?
  7. A

Speaker feet and angle adjustment

I'm fairly new to the Hi-Fi audio world and I'm curious if there's any good info on what to look for in speaker feet. I'm guessing they don't make a large difference as long as your stuff isn't reverberating from the vibrations, but I figured I'd ask just in case. And tangentially: what tools...
  8. A

Interactive Review Tables (Defunct)

Nice. Another slight annoyance I found is that you can't search the list using Ctrl+F (Browser page-search). And I don't see any built-in search functionality to replace that.
  9. A

JBL LSR305P MKii and Control 1 Pro Monitors Review

Oh dang. Sorry I missed that. Couldn't find it in the master list. Edit: It was there. It appears searching the master list through your browser's built-in Ctrl+F search doesn't work D:
  10. A

Interactive Review Tables (Defunct)

Looks pretty good, but I'd very much like to see price filtering being a range instead of a list, so you'd just specify minimum and maximum values rather than unchecking every option you're not interested in.
  11. A

JBL LSR305P MKii and Control 1 Pro Monitors Review

Nice to see speaker reviews! Any chance you could review Yamaha HS5 and HS8? (main interest being HS5 due to significantly smaller size) Here's what the spec-sheet says about their performance: Can't find any info on how they tested to get those values tho. (forgive me if I missed anything, I'm...
Top Bottom