Recent content by Arpiben

1. A

Dithering is a Mathematical Process - NOT a psychoacoustic process.

"If frequencies are used which are sub multiples of the sample rate, the waveform will exercise only a few codes of the digital word. For example generating 1 kHz in a 48 kHz sample rate system will require only 48 different data values. This may leave large portions of a converter untested. If...
  2. A

Apple Airpods - EMF radiation levels? Can anyone here do a quick measurement?

Your sun power equivalence is not correct in terms of spectrum range considered (full Vs few MHz @2.4GHz ) Depending on solar activity, sun radiation at that frequency is around 70 SFU ( 10 000 SFU during sun bursts) at earth level. SFU: Solar Flux Unit SFU = 10-22 W m-2 Hz-1 Sun...
  3. A

I am sharing your interpretation as well as @solderdude remarks. The others brands escaped SAR testing. (Keep in mind that SAR limits are considering an adult head and not kid ones).
  4. A

Sensitivity of opamps to air coupled EM fields, especially of the LM4562/LME497X0 family

Later you may have a look at Power Line Communication standards like IEEE 1901 /HomePlug AV,GP,AV2....( Home networking through power lines ). I have no specific knowledge about it but it seems they may also radiate.
  5. A

Sensitivity of opamps to air coupled EM fields, especially of the LM4562/LME497X0 family

Fully agreeing with you regarding immune parts' selection. Thanks for your posts. From my side nothing wrong about Zizkov, just an allusion since I worked in few of them in old analog TV broadcast days ( Kamzik,Bratislava / Collserola,Barcelona / Hillbrow,Johannesburg/...). Rgds.
  6. A

Now you may consider looking at 1.9 GHz interferers around your lab. ;) Nevertheless specific locations will need much more care in terms of electronic shielding, i.e: Zizkov TV broadcast tower Prague. Thanks.
  7. A

Thanks. At that time (90s), I had a job proposal there. But, I ended using microwaves for only carrying data from a point A to a point B rather than destroying electronic targets at point B.;)
  8. A

In case it helps. You can use your probe for EMC/EMI purposes. Use a small DIY loop at the tip and do not loop the BNC cable for better efficiency The gearslutz' link, you provided, on LM4562 EMI susceptibility is relating sensitivity with cordless base station DECT phones. Those are operating...
  9. A

Obviously I am not expecting you to be listening inside the plane in the picture under ;) Since you wrote air coupled EM fields in your title I am just curious what it can be nothing more. With a probe in the air connected to scope or better a spectrum analyzer I can catch lots of...
  10. A

EMS (Electromagnetic Magnetic Susceptibility) is probable but you are not providing any characterisation of the supposed Interferer(s) (EMI). Under EM fields an electronic component may have different operational states: not degraded degraded but back to normal status after EMI' s removal...
  11. A

Most probably the main concern is is it safe, whatever ear pod brand one may use? Nobody has a definitive answer. Nor do I after 30 years in microwave RF transmission. Nevertheless, precaution must prevail especially with young kids.
  12. A

Nothing. Tried to edit my previous post. Point is compare apples with apples.;)
  13. A

Edited: For 4G in average utilization cellphones do transmit less than 10% of their maximum output power.
  14. A

Well things are not so simple. In principle transmit output power of cellphones are 20 dB greater than Bluetooth at maximum level. You have to consider also the Transmit pattern of the device in 3D ( it is not omnidirectionnal; meaning not same gain in all directions ). SAR measurements/reports...
  15. A

FCC declarations for apple are available here: https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Models Select the desired model: Then select SAR report or any other in exhibits: In terms of SAR values the last Airpods (pro and 2nd gen.) have slight higher value: 0.6 W/kg Max Output power still reported...
Top Bottom