Recent content by ardilla

1. A

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

I couldn't only get a store credit, they said, but I was not the original buyer. Return credit is much better
  2. A

First I contacted them for replacement but they said that they could only give me a store credit because they didn't have it in stock and I had to send in the unit. Then I saw they had some in stock and asked for a replacement again. However that must have been some returns because they soon...
  3. A

I've been waiting for a replacement unit for a while now. Today Monoprice told me they'll give me a store credit instead (no choice options for me) Seems like they have not decided to make another batch, but still won't say it's discontinued
  4. A

My guess is that the only difference in RCA and XLR inputs are the extra gain usually on XLR.
  5. A

Interesting. So no reason to use the XLR input, then
  6. A

True balanced = more expensive for no good reason. The hole "balanced" thing unnecessary. They should call it dual mono wrt headphones. BTW my Monolith died completely. Just as i had ordered a second one
  7. A

[owner's thread] Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 headphone amp

Another thing. My gain switch does not work anymore it just doesn't do anything? Anyone had this experience?
  8. A

I'll answer myself, it's a 5.5mm*2.1mm DC cable plug for the Monolith THX AAA 887
  9. A

Hi all. Just wondering if it matters whether I use the RCA or XLR inputs?
  10. A

Hi, just got myself over of these and consider me impressed. Great sounding unit, especially for the price. Unfortunately I damaged the DC cable and ordered a PSU off AliExpress 24V, 50VA https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0uFNrk Anyone knows what is the dimensions for the Monolith THX 887 of the DC...
Top Bottom