Recent content by archerious

1. archerious

Excellent off axis? Seeking suggestions for F226Be replacement.

I was going to list them on the ASR FS section, but it seems Donor status is required to list. I guess it's a new requirement since I sold on here in the past. They'll be listed on USAudioMart.
  2. archerious

The R7s arrived Thursday evening at my parents home (about eight hours ago). My parents love them and I have to say they are significantly more detailed and accurate than the Sonus Faber Lumina V in there listening area. I ended up not needing Dirac or EQ they sound fantastic as is in their...
  3. archerious

Kef R3 keep or return?

Yeah I understand that. Some songs benefit from the wider soundstage, sometimes I don’t want to have to sit in the sweetspot and the Revels have that advantage too with its noticeably better off axis performance. However the detail and imagining on the R3 is really special, it outclasses a lot...
  4. archerious

Kef R3 keep or return?

So I spoke to Kef and they offered me a partial refund of $200 after seeing the pictures of the scratches or an RMA and a brand new pair. I decided to take the partial refund as I highly suspect UPS will do the same to another pair. From what I can see UPS in my area is using a crane or...
  5. archerious

Kef R3 keep or return?

Interesting. Room might be the factor but they don't sound bright to me, the F226Be are slightly brighter to me so I usually don't toe them into me but for now I do have them that way since I had to move them to fit the r3 in there. Are the graphs out from Erin comparing r3 and r3 meta? I went...
  6. archerious

Kef R3 keep or return?

Listening from 10 1/2 feet away, speakers are 2 feet from the wall on each side. Had to move my F226Be to test these. Wow. Very good imaging/instrument separation. Smaller Soundstage but accurate. Impressive for the price that's for sure.
  7. archerious

Kef R3 keep or return?

Hi ASR, I ordered a pair of Kef r3 new from their site for a good price $1399. However, UPS tore the side of the box and caused some minor cosmetic wear. Would you keep or return them? This isn't the first time I've had speakers arrive like this, I suspect it's because UPS is using a crane...
  8. archerious

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Best Buy too it seems. Better reward and financing options with Best Buy IMO.
  9. archerious

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

He hasn't, but he doesn't listen as loud as I do. I remember telling him to raise the volume when I visited my sis and him in their apartment last year. I listen about 68dB-75dB; he probably keeps it around 60dB.
  10. archerious

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

My brother in laws setup is similar to that size. He has no issues an it sounds great. He has a SVS SB2000 paired with them. I’ll try to find a pic. EDIT: Not the best pics but they’re close enough. Only changes after these pics were we pulled them out from the wall a bit more etc., optimized...
  11. archerious

Just as an update, I took my parents to Magnolia at my local best buy this morning and had them audition Kef R7. They liked them quite a bit. After scouring online for deals; I found on kef.com clearance they’re going for $999 each, no tax or shipping costs for Texans ;). I saved a good...
  12. archerious

I did consider F208 since they have a large room. Thank you for the suggestion; a Revel dealer in Texas has them for $3570 a pair open box. I might go that route for them, although shipping would be an extra $250; I may have to make the five-hour trip after all. :D
  13. archerious

Nice Rimuru profile picture; I did consider getting them bookshelf speakers, but I'm concerned they won't fill the room since their listening room is far larger than mine (20x25 feet or more; I'd have to tape measure it). My parents dislike the Lumina V I gave them two years ago, complaining...
  14. archerious

I didn't want to get them a pair of F206 or any speakers for that matter but rather gift them a pair I already own and like. I'm concerned they'll end up disliking them and cause me a loss when selling/returning, such as with their Lumina Vs. This will make me sound like a terrible son, but my...
Top Bottom