Recent content by arbenede

1. A

Is there any DAC with checksum capabilities?

By the way my proposal is not use use CRC for error correction. The idea is to do something along these lines: 1. Compute the CRC of a test audio file 2. Reset the CRC register inside the DAC 3. Put $500 USB cable between transport and DAC 4. Play test audio file 5. Check DAC CRC with the CRC...
  2. A

Is there any DAC with checksum capabilities?

Years ago I have been involved in the design of the digital section of high speed (10 Gb/s) fibre optic serial communication links. Every time I see claims of "better sounding" USB and Ethernet cables, or operating systems, NAS, hard disks etc I scratch my head. I don't understand why no one has...
  3. A

Work on "time domain optimized filters" by M. Moffat

I think I see what you are getting at... since the samples stored on the CD or the audio file have been acquired with a physical transducer they are affected by noise, so from a statistical signal processing point of view interpolation does not seem to be a good idea. Right?
  4. A

I am a EE with a pretty good knowledge of DSP theory (my main field is computer vision/image processing). So I am not a pure DSP guy (I have never designed a digital filter, for example) but I have a good understanding of FFT theory, sampling theory, statistical signal processing etc). My...
  5. A

When they say "time-optimized" it seems that they mean that the reconstruction filter retains the original time samples, i.e. it simply interpolates. Another term that they use is "closed-form digital filtering" where closed-form is related to the fact that the filter coefficients are computed...
  6. A

In his book "Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up" Jason Stoddard mentions work done by Mike Moffat on "First true time domain optimized digital filters, based on math perfected with a U of Iowa Professor Emeritus of Mathematics and a RAND Corp mathematician". In a...
Top Bottom