Recent content by arancano

1. arancano

Audiophile Heaven With Only Two Components

Then audiophiles that value proof will find what you have compelling.
  2. arancano

You have it already, SIY. It works between the Fosi and my Q Acoustics Concept 50 speakers, as well as with my second system where I use Sonus faber Lumina IIs. It does not perform with my Klipsch RP-600M IIs.
  3. arancano

My purpose with this post was not to engage in a debate over bi-wiring. It does not always work, and there are too many variables over which folks can argue endlessly. I simply wanted to share my satisfaction with the rig I now have, and offer options that worked for me and people could try if...
  4. arancano

You put it so well. Ascribing sound to a cable, as I did, was a mistake. I should have made clear, as I tried to in a later comment, that switching to the Micca cable was a no-brainer for the simple reason that, in my rig, the expensive cable did not offer an advantage in any category used to...
  5. arancano

Hi, melomane 13: You are right, a 48v power supply brings the cost of the Fosi to over $100. I have it, although in my situation I cannot detect a sound difference over the lower powered bricks. Most likely, it is because I am using fairly efficient speakers with 90.5db sensitivity. The cost of...
  6. arancano

You may well be right and op amp swapping may just be a placebo, but it is a sweet placebo, as sweet as a slice of Marie Callender's Chocolate silk pie. Darn, it's too late to have a taste and still get some sleep.
  7. arancano

Ahh, the room. It's gotten better looking (my taste) and better sounding (confirmed by measurements) over the years. The only thing inside he credenza is the Fosi. Gone are the many components that resided on top and inside. I prefer the minimalist vibe. The acoustic panels are inside the...
  8. arancano

The French say Vive la difference. There are enough audio products out there to meet everyone's needs. Just because I find a less costly product that meets my needs does not mean whatever I sell is bad, or snake oil. In fact, the Robin Hoods sounded eerily the same as the Mica's. I sold them...
  9. arancano

Thanks for sending the reference. I don't doubt Amir's findings. He's a straight shooter. I'm not an engineer but I don't think you can necessarily apply his findings to using Sparkos in the Fosi. Well, you can, and you choose to. My choice is listening to the combination and forming an opinion...
  10. arancano

Read the complete Amazon description for the Fosi. It expressly promotes replacing the stock amps with your personal preference (that is equivalent). It is a selling point for the amp and there is a video in Amazon about it. The amp is designed for op amp swapping. Fosi engineers put in...
  11. arancano

As far as the Sparkos, there are plenty of reviews about their performance. But again, trying them is a no-brainer. They are totally returnable.
  12. arancano

I learned long ago that someone's trash is another's treasure. I can only share my experience when asked by a seller. It's rare when one does. It's never happened that an honest answer discourages. Who am I to speak negatively about something someone else cherishes and is highly excited and...
  13. arancano

Hardly. It's cheap enough. Do the compare. Of course, I am only vouching for my rig, my listening room, and my ears. I've made a good deal of money selling my hi-end gear, including interconnects and speaker cables. My last sale was a pair of AudioQuest Robin Hoods. My bank account is happy they...
Top Bottom