Recent content by aphysically

1. A

Harman acquires Roon

Was hoping to see transaction details since Samsung is public but it looks like they’re staying mum since it wasn’t a significant enough transaction to trigger any reporting
  2. A

New product: Arvus H1-D

Not clear what to make of the importance of the video sync comments for home theater use. Interestingly for my case Genelec now has launched a input management system that takes AoIP input incl AES67 directly, (Genelec 9401A), but it’s $3500 vs the AES3 input version which is only $1150, so as...
  3. A

On the fence here for my Genelec system (can take all digital as input). They mentioned updating to support new 3d audio formats in the years to come, but the h2-4d hasn’t been updated and I might prefer that to avoid dealing with audio over ip unless needed. The h2-4d also seems to support...
  4. A

I emailed to ask and they don’t support any layouts with a phantom center, so if I want to use that I’ll need to do the crossover myself with another device. Any ideas/suggestions for something that can do it digitally?
  5. A

Anyone know if the Arvus H2-4D supports phantom center layouts? I guess I would need to come up with something to handle that digitally if not and I went with this solution
  6. A

assuming they eventually figure it out is there any relatively economical option to get 16ch (or at least 8) from either Ravenna or Dante or AES67 into AES3/(via db25 maybe ideally). Seeing options at around $2000-$2500..? Given the H1-D beta is being offered at $2500 it just seems surprising a...
  7. A

Yeah I'm led back to that
  8. A

Hmmm, looking at this but not sure what the most economical AES67 or Dante breakout to two 8 channel AES59/Tascam would be or perhaps 8x AES XLR Looking at options it seems like limiting to Dante and ARS67 output limits this device’s economical usefulness as a digital audio processor since most...
  9. A

Need Your Advice on Developing a 5.1 Channel DAC

Aaaand balanded output option
  10. A

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

Looking at this for usb to s/pdif for potentially using with a toggle switch for s/pdif of some sort coming out of my tv then an s/pdif to aes/ebu for a genelec? Any other suggestions for how to cleanly go from computer and tv to aes/ebu for genelec input?
  11. A

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Hmm, I’m pretty happy with my KEF R3, the only real upgrade path being genelec maybe..but then I would feel tempted to set up surround sound and it feels like every avr processor is bad
  12. A

ooohh, auto sleep is what I was looking for, yeah (so pitch black while not messing with settings). Will have to consider. The height would require a little rearranging on my desk, but I think I could manage.
  13. A

Hmmmmm, I might look to replace my A90D at some point if we don't have any statement from @JohnYang1997 on the status of the modules in this device. I'm a bit nervous after my LA90D double failure :\. I'm not sure there's other good options out there that allow balanced input/output, work as...
  14. A

What month and year did you buy the A90 Discrete? I wonder if Topping has/is planning on making the same changes to the modules in the A90D that were apparently made (?) in the LA90D modules Any update on your headphones? Is topping doing anything?
  15. A

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

I noticed on their aliexpress listing they now name the item with PRE ORDER https://aliexpress.us/item/3256805176424855.html
Top Bottom