Recent content by Anton De

1. A

Topping D90 MQA - teardown

Can it be this one ? https://eu.mouser.com/datasheet/2/268/MCHPS02713_1-2520653.pdf
  2. A

Topping D90 MQA - teardown

Does someone know what are those 16 pin muting chips in the output? I plugged a 48v mic cable into dacs output so I guess I need to change those..
  3. A

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

Did you have a chance at the end to A/B? How would you compare them now? Very interested.
  4. A

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Well I would say he remains to be a good engineer but has to deal with our subjectivity (as a businessman also). If someone (very gifted) can hear the differences between power chords and proves it with blinded eyes than you can compete on this fact with others. Our nature will fool many people...
  5. A

There are engineers and engineers. The problem is that input signal and output signal in any chain are equal within certain margins. Here the numbers help. But you will always have differences. Then the output signal is perceived by the brain and it values it extremely subjectively. It forces...
  6. A

I can only wish you wonderful emotions during your listening! Better system can ( not must) contribute to it, that is my finding) Thanks for your efforts!
  7. A

Transparency is just meaning it has no "color" and probably 80-90% of dacs are transparent. Regarding the different sound quality (details, dynamic, soundstage etc) of a particular dac if you compare dacs it means you acknowledge there are some. Paul from PS Audio explains in details what...
  8. A

How do you find the soundstage and 3d character in comparison? 2 chips usually have slightly more soundstage.
  9. A

Can somebody answer (probably Gustard member) if with some soldering i'll be able to use external clock?
  10. A

Thank you! I am sure many will be interested.
  11. A

So, can someone of the lucky ones post a comparison of x16 with their other dac? Will it better D90 for instance in the real world?
Top Bottom