Recent content by AnthonyS

1. A

Active vs Room Correction?

I think that's a good/cheaper option, from what I've read. The amp doesn't appear to be as good as the M10 and the room correction isn't going to be as easy and seamless. I found the M10 is discounted now as the new one is coming out so it's not that much more than the new POWERNODE, at the...
  2. A

Thanks again all. I bought the TDAI-1120 amp for it's voicing, room correction and bass management after reading through this thread and others. In Australia it ends up being the same price as the MiniDSP SHD power with shipping and import taxes, plus it has HDMI eARC so I can use it for TV...
  3. A

Thanks all, a great introduction to the forum and great insights, if a little complicated to get my head around all of it :) It seems room correction and bass management trumps an active pair of speakers so I've readjusted my short list set up appropriately. I'm just wondering whether it's...
  4. A

So are those two speakers comparable even though one manufacture lists the sensitivity at 4ohms (Sonus Faber) and the other at 8ohms (KEF)? With the calculator it seems either would work with the 60W amp as I get 102 or 104dB at the listening position.
  5. A

You can probably tell me (again I'm a novice in this space). I've read that the LS50M needs a lot of power and given the M10 has twice as much as the TDAI-1120 suspect it's the better match. Plus I'm looking at the sensitivity at 85 instead of 87? Also, the Sonettos give their rating at 4ohms...
  6. A

Thanks. I'm still a novice at reading these graphs but my take away is that the TDAI-1120 would pair ok with a pair of 4 ohm speakers like the ones the dealer suggested: Sonus Faber Sonetto 1 – 87dB, impedance: 4ohms. In the specs it says the TDAI-1120 goes to 120W at 4 ohms. While the NAD M10...
  7. A

Nice. I think you're right about the M10 being another comparable option too, just reading through the review! The good thing about the M10 is it seems to have more power. It does look like I can't set a high pass filter with the NODE (only control low pass on the subwoofer itself), so lack of...
  8. A

Just reading through it myself and on page 31 it mentions cross overs, is this their bass management? Main speaker output available settings: Crossover High pass removes the frequencies below the crossover frequency. Low pass removes the frequencies above the crossover frequency. Full range...
  9. A

Forgive my lack of knowledge in this space but I haven't come across linear speakers, yet. I'm assuming an active speaker can never be linear then? I have read a lot about how well the KEF LS50 Meta scales up to sound better with more power but I guess this is the opposite to a linear speaker too?
  10. A

Thank you! Good call, bass management was something I had on my list as a must have. I assume the NODE had it as it lists it as a feature in Bluesound OS – maybe it's just on the POWERNODE and M10 though? I guess I can do limited bass management on the subwoofer but that will never include a...
  11. A

Hello! Long time reader, first time poster. I'm looking to 'upgrade' my existing streaming/TV (via HDMI) 2.1 channel set up and have narrowed down two options. I'm moving from a Sonos AMP with KEF Q350s and KEF Kube 10" Sub (will keep the sub and maybe upgrade to an SVS or KEF KC62 later). I...
Top Bottom