Recent content by anthonymoody

1. A

Kef R Meta Series Release

I'd add that the power of suggestion is enormous. If you show someone a plot with a dip at X frequency, they'll tell you they hear it even if there's in fact a spike at that frequency.
  2. A

Reminds me of when someone did a teardown of Beats headphones and found weights inside, to give the illusion of quality. (I say this as a Reference 3, and r-series owner!)
  3. A

Not agreeing or disagreeing. But wanted to point out that the Reference line is still built in Kent. All others in China. As far as US availability, my dealer still says March, with those few model/color combos noted here by others shipping later in the year.
  4. A

I have to admit, as I think further, if the R6C does indeed come out at $2500 while the non-Meta Reference 2C remains $3000, I'm not sure which I'd choose. Which tells me that I may be high on my guess of $2500 for the R6C. Maybe $2000 is more likely. We'll know soon enough as you say :)
  5. A

No confusion at all on my part. I was talking about exactly the speakers I named :) -Current (non Meta) R2C is $1300, not on sale -'regular' non-Meta Reference 2C is $3k on sale, and yes they clearly have a lot of stock given the sets they're pushing To me those form the lower and upper bounds...
  6. A

In the US, the current R2C MSRPs for $1300. I would note it's *not* part of the current KEF sale, though obviously many used R2C's will hit the market soon :) $3k I would think is a hard cap for what the R6C will MSRP for, otherwise you'd likely pick up a discounted Reference 2C instead. I...
  7. A

My dealer in the US (very high volume KEF dealer) has received tentative pricing, in the form of a range, for the entire line. He expects exact pricing in the next week or two when they make a formal announcement, with the speakers shipping in March (in the US at least). But this is entirely...
  8. A

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

And it's per user/per AVR. So unless I'm mistaken you couldn't pay your dealer to do it. (Thinking further - I guess they could create an additional user on their PC for my set up).
  9. A

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

That'd be great, and potentially timely for me as I have the itch to switch out my Marantz 8012 for an Anthem 1140 to try out ARC in my 7.1.4 set up.
Top Bottom