1. A

A Call For Humor!

Chuck Norris counted to infinity TWICE
  2. A

A Call For Humor!

WHAT A ROTTEN WAY TO SPEND EASTER
  3. A

A Call For Humor!

Extract from https://www.synergisticresearch.com/fuses/blue/ Frequently asked questions. Q: Are fuses directional? A: Yes, fuses are directional. Electricity should...
  4. A

A Call For Humor!

What a breath of fresh air coming back to this thread. Thank you Boris. I have just unfortunately started reading the comments after Amir's review of the AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review DONT GO THERE ! I usually stop at the first page. The disrespect and hubris is becoming the norm here...
  5. A

A Call For Humor!

Hope this helps pass the day !
  6. A

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

Do interconnect cables and speaker cables have an effect on sound quality? Do digital transmission cables have any affect on sound quality? Is it important to match speakers and amplifier wattage? Should a digital audio chain of components be at the same bit rate/freq? Is the addition of room...
  7. A

Anyone else miss Winamp?

Sorry Ron, yes my mistake, SKINS are not applicable to the Mac version which is not too cool if you aren't happy with the default version. Also the latest version does not allow any ID3 tag editing but you can with the Windows version. For a free app its very good and will probably get even better.
  8. A

Anyone else miss Winamp?

For Mac users Foobar is a no go so Winamp now available for Mac OS is a welcome replacement for itunes/music which can be problematic with files not in mp3 format. Winamp for Mac still has minor problems and probably has not been ported to allow for ID3 tag editing. As this is free software, we...
  9. A

miniDSP Dirac Live causing imaging problems

The frequency curves for both channels do not indicate spatial relationships so dont understand why this would be of interest. My simple test was to play a number of audio tracks that have known 3D effects. With DIRAC they vanished (still had some stereo separation). When then switching back to...
  10. A

Hi Keks, The video is from another ASR member. I just followed the methods and applied them to my room which is rectangular but has a large open room adjourning it on one side. Im using a stereo pair with separate subs which also double as stands for the main speakers. The cones of both main...
  11. A

Dirac live miniDSP SHD issue, please help

Hi YK, Ive just seen you post from last year and no one has replied. I can help if you still need it ?
  12. A

Yes that's a very good point which I have subsequently used. I think DIRAC mention this in their notes of use. I also add extra measuring points to the standard set. It takes longer but I believe a little more accurate.
  13. A

I have given up on DIRAC and spent about 2 months using REW and other software to get as best I can from my room/speaker combination. I have tried several methods ( ) and have found an outcome that suits me fine. I use a miniDSP SHD and HD 2X4 to achieve Room EQ and active crossovers. I think...
  14. A

Does anyone have a method to accurately place the microphone in the required position ? I made up a large wire frame and then hung small weights in the area within the frame to identify the space in the 3D. Bloody disaster, I dont know why I thought it would work! Had a Homer moment.
  15. A

So can someone help me out…

Welcome DumDum, As you can see a question which may be a generalized inquiry using a specific example will always get differing views which on this site are usually discussed with respect and based on known electrical theory. This hasn't started off well as relatively new member has gone a...
Top Bottom