Recent content by AnotherAudioMan

1. A

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

Yes, some of the concerns are valid, but a lot of the concerns are based on accepting speculation as reasonable assumption. I'm all for scepticism, except when its mixed with cynicism and hypothetical issues become accepted as fact. I have an pair of original LS50Ws which got a LOT of heavy...
  2. A

Honestly, the LS60w announcement has been eye-opening for me. I used to think the borderline tribalism against active/ all in one speakers was about people feeling like a newer, alternative approach to Hi-Fi undermines their own systems. But after a month reading LS60w posts across multiple...
  3. A

Oh, if you're bummed about the price then I can understand where you're coming from. I probably *could* affor these speakers, but I almost definitely *can't* justify buying them. And yet, they're still one of the most exciting releases I've ever seen. I've seen Kef's entire range (even the...
  4. A

You've kind of missed my point. 1) Bluetooth isn't just an audio connection, but these speakers are only using it in an. Audio capacity. If subsequent Bluetooth versions beyond 4.2 don't offer improved audio they aren't relevant. 2) Bluetooth is a lossy, constant proximity demanding mess of a...
  5. A

Can we put the Bluetooth critisim to bed? The argument about this speaker using Bluetooth 4.2 instead of 5.2 being a failing has been addressed already. I've either read from this thread or another site's forum that there isn't an improvement in audio quality or bandwidth from any Bluetooth...
  6. A

Hmm... So the animosity is just opposion to non-measurent based reviews or are you saying he's dishonest? That's a very bold. [Comment Removed] I find about ~1/5 reviewers annoying but I wouldn't insult their work. Honestly, I get a bit wary when a community shows disproportionate negative...
  7. A

I'm a little bit surprised to see how much hate Darko gets around here. Are all non-measurent based reviews poo-pooed here? Edit: I just realised I've been writing replies here for days that aren't even visible due to awaiting moderator approval. Seems like the universe telling me to move on lol.
  8. A

There's an tacit implication in this comment that a world renowned audio company at the forefront of audio technology, that invests hundreds of thousands into research and development and is literally celebrating their 60th anniversary... Would fail to account for speaker coil heat generation to...
  9. A

There's so much to unpack in this comment, my brain hurts thinking about where to begin...
  10. A

This would be genuinely spectacular IMO. But I'm almost certain it would never happen. I visited KEF and they basically have a division dedicated to HT. I think was told with some amount of pride that they're one of the only official approved Dolby Atmos speaker manufacturers (I think?). I...
  11. A

In my mind it's anything within arm's reach. * This definition has zero technical validity. The man I spoke with said this applies to a desktop setup. Funnily enough, within a year the Wireless II was released with HDMI arc input and USP input removed which sort of signified its movement away...
  12. A

I visited Kef a couple of years ago and the member of their team I dealt with confirmed this: LSX outperform LS50Ws in nearfield.
Top Bottom