Recent content by andrewinukm

1. A

Cary. Audio SI 300.2D intergrated-amp. Whats wrong?

The standard answer here is don't buy it if it measures bad even if you really like it. This is the wrong place to ask.
  2. A

Review and Measurements of NuForce STA-200 Power Amp

All I'm saying is: the difference were significant enough and greater than the possible bias that may arise. In any case, they were listening with a skeptical but open mind. I told them we can try, and let me know if they hear something or not, considering I may be biased. Before the test...
  3. A

You're right. But we also don't need blinded tests to differentiate a kick drum from a bass guitar. The difference is so observable that it's redundant to do a blind test.
  4. A

Wow. You must be the most serious person I've met on a forum. Relax man, did I not made it clear it wasn't a perfect test? Or did you get so outraged that you disregarded most of what was mentioned? There were 4 other evaluators. I'm reporting that they heard it, and the difference was not a...
  5. A

Please note that the comments from the evaluators were: the difference is easily observable even with casual listening without focused listening. Yes, the effects are that strong that single blinded test are redundant. Blinded testing is only required if the effects are too minimal, and require...
  6. A

What can I say: it was in my room, using my audio setup. It's barely controlled (if at all). Read my description again: it works in my system. And the observation is significant enough, that I can confidently say it has an effect (i did not say good or bad. Wonder why measurement guys goes all...
  7. A

Test performance of AOP Burson/SPARKOS/SONIC994/1612, .....

That's a fair point. Is cascading opamps topology common in many products? Or just the smart ones use them? I give him points for explaining the design objective and process. Also what about the loop gain and bandwidth thing he mentioned?
  8. A

Test performance of AOP Burson/SPARKOS/SONIC994/1612, .....

Sparkos publishes an really informative design note/white paper on opamp limitations and optimization. It gives a better understanding on why certain design choices were made, and how some specs/measurements matter more. https://sparkoslabs.com/audio-op-amps-gain-seek-bandwidth/
  9. A

I happened to own quite a few things that was measured here. D50 (bought it due to the hype here. It sounds really good). DAC DAC HS (as an upgrade to D50) Nuforce STA200 No measurements as I don't own any measurement stuff. But in my home, D50 with STA200 cause audible hum on the speakers...
Top Bottom