Recent content by aliqaz

1. A

The quest for my hyper speaker - Very Large room dilemma

Thank you so much for the info re Mini DSP, I did not know that at all. I use their products in 2 of my systems so perhaps I hay have to rethink it for bass correction. As for the hyperspeaker I am currently in the process of emailing various manufacturers to get the requisite data. If they...
  2. A

Also in regards to Archimago he has a great new article on his blog but in it I was disappointed to see a fellow physician espouse outdated and invalidated ideas (cathexis from discredited psychoanalysis?) to postulate why there are less women in the hobby rather than the preponderance of...
  3. A

I actually have houses both in Whistler as well as Vancouver as I live in both places. Also mitchco lives in Vancouver I believe. Minidsp allows time and phase alignment if individual drivers as well as the implementation of custom crossovers. This would definitely be on the docket if I were to...
  4. A

Yes. In fact I am quite interested in the application of the upcoming Dirac active room treatment. Regardless, all my systems use room correction and this one will be no different.
  5. A

I think you might be on the wrong website.
  6. A

Silly. Of course the data is there for a large number of products. For those that don't provide, there's no issue, they get to be out of contention. The most accurate test is absolutely not listening with your own ears, unless the conditions are very strict and direct comparisons are made level...
  7. A

I see what you're saying. From where I am coming from, I simply don't have the expertise to interpret raw audio data. So I have to rely on the spinorama pioneered by Dr. Toole (my "doctor") which is an accepted international standard.
  8. A

Absolutely, transparency and accountability are essential at every level for any endeavour, otherwise you enter the realm of Veblen goods where the value of something is unrelated to performance.
  9. A

JBL, kef, magico, genelec etc etc. At every level data is important, especially when there is real money at stake. As a facetious example, I'm sure my windows cost many multiples of this wisdom system and I definately saw the data for those.
  10. A

Unfortunately, these are all generic specifications that you would get with any manufacturer. And we all understand line source tech. A lot of other speakers also meet my requirements, that's not really the point. The point is to have objective data for all the systems that meet requirements...
  11. A

The specifics have been repeated with exact specifications ad nauseum in this forum resulting in lots of excellent feedback from technical experts. Please refer back for details and pictures. In a nutshell very large room, 30000 cu ft approx, 20 ft listening distance, 20hz in room extension...
  12. A

With all due respect we are going to have to disagree on this. This is an objectivist and technical forum. We are here for the data and the science. This is what I prefer to base my purchasing decisions on. However, if this was a subjectivist website or forum then your suggestion would be...
  13. A

As you prev said the spins for these are unavailable. As a custom installer you must do lots of calibrations and measurents after/during installation to dial these in. Do you happen to possess any data at all (FR, extension, distortion pre/post calibration) that you yourself have obtained...
  14. A

I was considering these. However this likely makes them unviable. Also the look, if not finished in a custom fashion, would also not work
Top Bottom