Recent content by Alesana95

1. A

Newbie question. I bought an AVR but I'm not impressed by the sound. If I get a preamp then could I use my AVR solely as a power amp?

It turns out that I have a S640H not an S540H (I guess S540H doesn't exit). Whoops! I got my Topping D10s DAC and my Raspberry Pi 4. Playing music from my Pi to the DAC to the Denon in pure mode, and there's no static noise at all. If I put it in processing mode (take it out of pure mode) the...
  2. A

How to make Topping D10 act as a preamp

Sorry to resurrect a dead post, but I just ordered a raspberry pi 4 as well as a D10s. I was looking at preamps to go with it when I came across this thread. Would the D10s work with this as well? If so is there any benefit in getting a preamp instead of just using the D10s, other than the...
  3. A

Newbie question. I bought an AVR but I'm not impressed by the sound. If I get a preamp then could I use my AVR solely as a power amp?

Ah I see, so I would need to get a preamp and power amp (or integrated) to use the DAC at all then it seems. I guess that answers multiple questions of mine
  4. A

So I just got the DAC now. I don't have RCA cables yet but I'm about to get them. I'm not sure exactly how this works, I assume I would have to connect my computer to the DAC via USB, then DAC to AVR using RCA cables. What I'm worried about is whether that will cause the AVR to convert the...
  5. A

I plan on getting a Pi 4 with a Topping E30 DAC. I want to add DSP to my setup so I can use REW for room correction. Is this possible with an E30?

Thanks for the in depth response! I think I understood most of it, I'll have to reread it more thoroughly once I have everything set up. I'll just skip the external DSP though since it sounds like it would just cause hassle trying to use the MiniDSP along with the DAC (I ended up with the D10s).
  6. A

I don't believe Heos uses Bluetooth but actually wifi. I just use my phone as a remote over wifi and the AVR downloads the music directly. Switching it to DVD or Phono (there's no CD) there's no static noise on high volumes. When I have it on TV audio which is plugged into the Monitor HDMI...
  7. A

I hadn't thought of that. I did do the Audyssey setup but I didn't explicitly do any reset. That wouldn't be causing the static though would it?
  8. A

I checked that, the speaker wire was sticking out of the back screw thing (post?) a tiny bit but it wasn't touching anything. I have the stripped wire just screwed into the back. I adjusted those and made sure they were connected well. It didn't change anything about the sound. I don't have...
  9. A

The input is Heos which is built into the Denon, controlled from my phone. I don't have any other cable than the speaker cable and power cable into the AVR. I didn't put in the antennas, it came with an AM antenna but not an FM. Wouldn't FM add the possibility of static because of poor signal?
  10. A

You mean to say that there's no way to hook up the preamp to the AVR? I was thinking I could just hook it up through RCA or something, but I didn't think about it too much haha. I was trying to figure out what DAC the AVR had but I couldn't find anything online about it. I heard the budget AVRs...
  11. A

I plan on getting a Pi 4 with a Topping E30 DAC. I want to add DSP to my setup so I can use REW for room correction. Is this possible with an E30?

That makes sense, the extra inputs would be useful. I didn't realize but it looks like the miniDSP also has a DAC in it. I'm not sure how great it is though. So, the miniDSP board is the initial input, and then it feeds processed input from TOSLINK / etc... to the Pi? Another thing I wondered...
  12. A

Hey everyone, second post here. I bought a used Denon S540H along with two KEF Q150 speakers, and while the sound is pretty great there is a lot of static noise that is coming through at medium-to-high volumes. I also feel like the sound could be a lot better. Aside from that, I hate the Heos...
  13. A

I saw CamillaDSP (and I think a couple others). I was thinking it required some DSP board in order to be able to do that. Would I just plug a USB calibration microphone into the pi and it would be able to process everything? What would be the point in getting a HiFiBerry DSP board or a MiniDSP...
  14. A

Hi everyone! I have a Pi 4 on the way and I have been looking at different DACs to use with it. Originally I was going to go with one of the HiFiBerry HAT DAC chips, but after looking into it I found that the external USB DACs are actually better quality for less money, and that with the Pi 4...
Top Bottom