Recent content by alc

1. A

dspNexus DSP Audio Processor - DANVILLE SIGNAL - SHIPPING NOW?

Thanks JazzMan for your comments. Since JazzMan brought it up, I want to address the signal processing engine. The dspNexus has plug in modules for the ADC, DACs and DSP. Currently, the dspNexus uses a fourth generation Analog Devices SHARC DSP. I think it is probably the most powerful one in...
  2. A

I will be joining Rich at CAF, I am the lead designer of the dspNexus. You will be able to see the crossover than Rich designed using Audio Weaver and listen to the results. Thanks. Al Clark Danville Signal
  3. A

The DSP for the next version (free upgrade to our early adopters) will use a SHARC ADSP-21569. This runs at 1GHz and has a FIR coprocessor that can do 4 billion MACs per second independently from the core. The sigmaDSP ADAU1467 runs at 294 MHz and is less powerful than the current SHARC...
  4. A

Floating-Point ADC System

This is actually a fairly old technique that was used more often when ADCs had fewer bits. There are a few gotchas to watch for, 1. When you have a large signal, the stages with gain are going to be in severe overload. If you use large series Rs for current limiting and clamps, you add Johnson...
  5. A

Tidal now labels its HD files MAX sted of MASTERS. Where's MQA gone?

I'm sure many of the folks here know this already, but when you take existing digital content and upsample, you do not get more high frequency content (unless it is an artifact - essentially noise and distortion) and you don't improve bit depth - so 44.1k - 16bit upsampled to 96k or 192k - 24...
  6. A

Why use USB from streamer to DAC?

Chelgrian, you are correct that its main market is for automotive networks where ADI has traction. This makes sense because semiconductor companies need scale. New versions and support staff at ADI are focused on expanding this mission. A2B is essentially a distributed TDM interface with...
  7. A

There is another interface that is starting to emerge - Analog Devices A2B. This interface can support 32 channels at 48k, 16 channels at 96k or 8 channels at 192k with full bit depth. It has a maximum distance of 30M for each node up to 300M with the newest chips. Just like AES3, S/PDIF, HDMI...
  8. A

If we are comparing S/PDIF (or AES3) to USB UAC2 you might think that they should be the same since we should not expect to drop bits. So let's assume that the digital data is identical from a data perspective. Let's also assume that whatever digital interface we are using is not adding noise...
  9. A

I don't know the specific output file format from Audiolense. FIR coefficient files are in simple text format with each coefficient on a single line. They should be in floating point. Here is a video: https://danvillesignal.com/aws-3-fir-filters In the current dspNexus release, FIRs are...
  10. A

Hi Everyone I am Al Clark, lead designer of the dspNexus and cofounder of Danville Signal. I am happy to answer questions on this forum, while respecting the forum rules (which someone should clarify for me). Please fill out our contact form if you want to chat with me or members of our staff...
Top Bottom