Recent content by Alamei

1. A

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

As someone that recently purchased a DX5 Lite and was worried about the dual-output mode being something you had to toggle through to get to other modes (like some revisions of the DX3), I can say confidently that it's not an issue with the DX5, since you just hit the headphone (4-4) or Line Out...
  2. A

Thank you for sharing that resolution. This forum is a godsend for audio troubleshooting. After swapping that setting, it appears that the only time there's a cutoff in starting playback is when the system is switching bitrates, which is such a rare occurrence in my workflow that it's of no...
  3. A

I just bought a DX5 Lite and set it up today, and while I'm overall very happy with the unit's performance, it's driving me slightly crazy that it turns off its audio output after about 3 seconds of not playing any sounds, then clips the first 100ms of the next audio that plays when it kicks...
  4. A

UMIK-1 High Ambient SPL Measurements in REW?

That's super useful! Why on earth would they hide that setting behind a right click on the type of control that you would traditionally never right click?!
  5. A

Good to know. I'm assuming that's what the "control input volume" setting in REW that pins the volume to 0.54 is designed to fix?
  6. A

Never mind me. It appears I broke something in the settings the first time I opened REW without having any clue what I did. I just tried the "delete all preferences" option to start from scratch, then let REW re-detect the microphone and re-apply the calibration file when it asked, and now...
  7. A

Huh... I think it may have to do with the calibration file. I'm attaching a sample spectrum measured (again no sound playing) with the calibration file applied (red) and using the default input in REW that doesn't apply calibration (blue), and the latter numbers (peaks in the 40-45 dB range)...
  8. A

I recently purchased a UMIK-1 to use with REW for calibrating speakers, and I ran into a question when I was performing initial checks in REW: When I open the SPL meter and let it log sound without playing anything (just recording background ambient sound, no pink noise or anything of that...
  9. A

Thank you for the quick response. I wasn't sure whether the XLR outputs being driven by the SE topology had any impact on the functionality beyond outputting less power (which is always a non-issue for me given the low volume levels I listen at). Good to know this would be a viable option if my...
  10. A

Out of curiosity (coming from someone with a lack of electrical engineering experience), would the XLR outputs on a device like this still work to eliminate ground hum when driving studio monitors, or do you lose that particular benefit of the professional-style connections when a device isn't...
Top Bottom