Recent content by Akedon

1. A

Apple Music Hi-Res Audio Playback Methods Agglomeration

With Rotel RC-1590 preamp if I can connect iOS to the front USB-A input with Lightning-USB A charging cable - it shows only 44.1 khz (don't know about bit rate since it is not showing on my DAC). Volume locked at max. With CCK it just doesn't work for me. If I connect iOS to rear USB-B input...
  2. A

iPhone -> Lightning/USB 3 adapter ->DAC is it bit perfect?

Thank you for testings. Yes, I'm using exactly this camera kit. Can change the volume everywhere, but for some reason only Apple Music sounds wrong. Checked with other iPhone - same things. Asked on another topics/forums - someone said he can change the volume, soneone said he can't. Looks like...
  3. A

At high volume and if you are standing close to the speaker - pretty much every track. But some active and dynamic electronic/metal shows bigger differences. Like "Mental Exile - One of us", "Ashbury Heights - Headlights", "Rammstein - Sonne" (tested this with local flac file since i don't have...
  4. A

Dolby Atmos disabled, EQ disabled, Sound check disabled. Strange things. I think something is wrong with the iOS or Music app in my situation. mConnect and Tidal sounded the same without any issues probably because they are do not depend on iOS music settings (which should be fine on paper...
  5. A

I recently did some testing when I compared Tidal and Apple Music, so I will paste it here too. Tested closely Tidal and Apple Music at high volume Audio chain iPhone ->CCK->Rotel RC-1590 preamp (USB-B input)->Rotel RB-1590 amp->Polk Audio RTi A9 speakers Native apps. Used the same songs...
  6. A

Thank you, the same for me with iPhone ->CCK-> USB-B DAC. I ordered Lightning - USB B MIDI cable (so you can connect iPhone to a DAC without CCK) and will check how it perform with this connection.
  7. A

Can anyone confirm - can you change volume on iOS when you connected your iPhone to a DAC with Lightning/USB 3 camera adapter? And what if you connected iPhone directly to a DAC with Lightning - USB B MIDI cable?
  8. A

Yep, that's how it should work. Strange that with rear USB-B input of my preamp (connected via Lightning/USB 3 adapter) iOS is not locking volume, but changing sample rates properly. I'm using iPhone 7+ with last updates. With front USB-A via Lightning - USB A it locks the volume at max, but...
  9. A

Probably at max volume it will be bit-perfect, but I can't check it with my DAC, only sample rate is showed.
  10. A

I mean is that normal that I can change volume from iPhone?
  11. A

Hello, recently tested iPhone with my preamp (Rotel RC-1590). Streaming service - Apple Music. If I connect iphone to preamp via lightning-usb charging cable to the front USB-A input - I'm getting 44.1khz max sample rate, iphone charging, but iphone also can't control volume. If I connect...
Top Bottom