Recent content by aedagnino

1. A

Influence of Android’s Sampling Rate Converter on Sound Quality

Well, my 2c and this is just my experience, can't talk about measurements. I bought a dongle dac for my Samsung phone that still has an analog output as I thought it would make a difference. It didn't, I couldn't tell any difference. Then I read that Android does this resampling even if you use...
  2. A

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Salnotes 7Hz. Best audiophile purchase ever.
  3. A

AD/DA converter plus monitor controller?

Hi! Just asked ChatGPT for this, maybe it helps: Absolutely, finding the right AD/DA converter and monitor controller is crucial for maintaining high-quality audio in your home studio setup. Given your requirements and budget, here are a few options to consider: Antelope Audio Pure 2 AD/DA...
  4. A

Favourite Christmas Albums

Been listening to this the last few days, it's so beautiful!
  5. A

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter Review

Hi, quick question... is it possible to use these dongles, and this one in particular, as a desktop dac? Straight to speakers amplifier, using computer for volume control.
  6. A

This hobby is ridiculous.

+1000 Absolutely true. And I haven't had a drop of alcohol or altered my senses artificially in nearly 15 years.
  7. A

Is it worth spending anything at all on mains filters and regenerators?

So far from Amir's testing NO power filters sold for audio add anything of value to an audio chain with properly designed equipment. Any filtering they may do is in the MHz region so no use for us. And if you're using poorly designed audio equipment you're better-off spending the same money...
  8. A

Preamp with nice volume knob for Hifi & Multichannel Purifi Setup

You could change the SHD's knob if you wanted I guess... It should be removable, that way you could just put in a third party knob of your choice.
  9. A

Good HiFi from South America?

Panama is Central America though...
  10. A

Turntable advice requested, please!

I've been through the turntable and cartridge rabbit hole and back... I still own over a 1000 records (trying to sell most of them slowly at the right prices) and very occasionally use my vintage Sony turntable (a very nice PSX50) to play them, but this website has ruined (rightly so) the use of...
  11. A

suggestions for HiFi towers WITHOUT passive crossovers

In theory, every passive tower is made for active bi-tri amping... you just have to remove the passive crossover, install new connectors, choose the active crossover and amplifiers of your choice, and voilá. It does involve a bit of diy and driver and speaker testing, but that is actually fun...
  12. A

Do power conditioners matter?

Depends for what. Sound? Unless it's doing something really wrong, no. Safety? Depends on where you are. But a $20 dollar powerstrip will do the same.
  13. A

What are we listening to right now..

Speak No Evil - Wayne Shorter
Top Bottom