Recent content by adi518

1. adi518

All Aboard the FiiO K9 Pro Hype Train

It wobbles without any feet attached. It's the enclosure. I can work around it, but it absolutely shouldn't happen on such an expensive unit.
  2. adi518

I don't think I will be buying another Fiio DAC/AMP. My unit is wobbling (posted a video on the previous page) but they only offer to ship it back without reimbursing me for their bullshit quality assurance. it's also running hot even in standby mode, so I have to turn it off every day instead...
  3. adi518

It's not about memorizing them, it's that they are flimsy plastic switches that won't hold through the test of time. I noticed the issue before placing the rubber feet and then even with the rubber feet it does that, which means the chassis is bent just enough that it won't sit flush. Fiio...
  4. adi518

This is how my K9 arrived (doesn't sit flush on the desktop, without any feet) and it's basically impossible to get help from Fiio. I can't believe they are selling this crap for $800. Let alone the switches on the thing, what were they thinking and what was I thinking when I bought this thing?
  5. adi518

RCA Cables

Yes, they are quite flexible, no issues there.
  6. adi518

RCA Cables

Get these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PFNSFZT I have a pair and they are really well made and nowhere near overpriced IMO. Edit: Magni Heresy is an AMP not a DAC. You need a DAC first and then you can interconnect the DAC and AMP with these RCA cables.
  7. adi518

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Thus far, 6XX, 7XX and MH40.
  8. adi518

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

It went on sale for $260 on Drop: https://drop.com/buy/smsl-sp200-thx-aaa-888-balanced-headphone-amp. Its corresponding DAC was released today: https://hifigo.com/blogs/news/smsl-m200-dac-released-latest-dac-solution
  9. adi518

Using ATX wire for a balanced cable

I did. I started off with buying this inexpensive cable.
  10. adi518

I think the slant is less than appears in some pictures, but it's there. Strange design decision.
  11. adi518

I think I'll give it a try, which means I only need some XLR connectors now. Does the pinout makes sense?
  12. adi518

Going through the curve of dealing with cables, I currently contemplate the idea of making my own, since I have some experience with other cable making, especially from my PC builds. I have a quality 18 gauge wire that I use for ATX cables and I kinda wonder whether that would work for a very...
  13. adi518

I just bought one from Aliexpress at what seems to be a staggering deal. The price is initially down from $289.99 to $263.99, but seller is currently running a stackable coupon of $6 on every $65 spent, so that adds up to $24 off. Then, you have an Aliexpress coupon of $15 off above $150...
Top Bottom