Recent content by ABSNimes

1. A

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Have a look within this thread, Post #132 gives informations about Firmware Update ;) https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsl-su-9n-review-balanced-stereo-dac.27300/post-944839 It has been posted by smsl-mandy member (manufacturer)...
  2. A

XMos display driver issue... nothing to worry about, no effects at all. I'm using the Su-9n for more than 6 monthes, nice product, pop free. -> Firware bug that could be corrected : AC plug/unplug that affects "Dimmer" function (On/Off display timer). Confirmed by other onwners. SMSL told and...
  3. A

Can't tell, I only own the SU-9n for 2 monthes. However, I consider all those DAC as very good units. It seems to me that DAC market is now mature concerning technical specs. So, additional features can help making choice. SU-9n gives (according to me) interresting features : - Color display...
  4. A

@pieterv1, The answer is Yes. SU-9n resumes the DAC function as it was before removing power, (volume/source/settings). Cheers
  5. A

As mine, associated with Panasonic 50VT30 and TosLink. Optical signal strenght is robust, as others inputs (USB/SPDIF/BT), no need to adjust DPLL. DPLL value is set to 4 from beginning, no need to change since installed.
  6. A

Rewind to post #197, have a look and report what you've done : https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsl-su-9n-review-balanced-stereo-dac.27300/post-997215 Works perfectly fine at first install, from begining.
  7. A

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

@cheapsoundguy You've got the hiss without anything connected to your 2 monoblocks Outlaw, that's the fact. I'll suggest you to read about ground loops scheme within Outlaw diagrams papers. Best advice is to ask manufacturer about encountered hiss trouble, especially relative to grounding...
  8. A

Looking for advices to purchase a USB-DAC Balanced with Bluthooth

Hi TechNorris Check this one : https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsl-su-9n-review-balanced-stereo-dac.27300/ - Balanced & Unbalanced outputs (XLR/RCA) at the same time - Bluetooth 5.0 LDAC/Aptx/AptxHD/AAC/SBC (Qualcomm QCC5125) - TosLink / USB / SPDIF - Remote control...
  9. A

I'm using a SU-9n for about 45 days, previsously SU-9, and you can't mute XLR or RCA outputs. SU-9n has a new remote "RC-8C". You can mute both outputs (XLR/RCA). There is no output selector you can configure using "Menu" options. I don't know if this kind of feature could be added to current...
  10. A

No, I don't think it's a stupid question, maybe I'm missing something. But for the coffe, I'm quite confident ;)
  11. A

Hi @daclogic, please show me how you do that... SU-9n remote can control your subs ? Can't figure how you do that trick ;) There's some misunderstanding with @dennyboy post #207
  12. A

Maybe it's time to open a new thread relative to SU-9n users. We could share about settings, tips, whishes... SMSL-mandy from SMSL, member here, wrote "Software of su9n can be upgraded by customer" (post #132) @Wuzel, nice to read your signup :cool: This could be quite interresting to see what...
  13. A

Show me how you could perform that, I'm aware to see :) Nor it does not make coffee Maybe it will be usefull to ask SMSL about Firmware mods, what could be done...
  14. A

@nubs SMSL SU-9n driver is fine and safe, works like a charm from first install. I'll suggest to : 1° - Power Off and Disconnect the DAC 2° - Uninstall the device driver 3° - Troubleshoot your Windows OS : enter "cmd" (command mode) and type "sfc /scannow", then Enter. This is the "auto...
  15. A

Both outputs XLR & RCA are active at the same time, no need to select.
Top Bottom