Recent content by 2poor4speakers

1. 2poor4speakers

Truthear Nova IEMs

After a few days of listening, impressions are that yes, the tuning is similar to Variations especially in the mids. Woodwinds and vocals are its bread and butter. Immediately noticeable is that upper treble doesn’t have much emphasis resulting in some “soft” sounding snares, cymbals etc. So it...
  2. 2poor4speakers

Topping E30 DAC Review

An exciting update from a discussion early in this thread about IR remote codes (assuming this hasn’t already been pointed out): My Google TV (OS ver 12) now has Topping as a “soundbar” option for IR control! I can adjust the volume easily and power on/off. There’s also an option to program the...
  3. 2poor4speakers

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

Can't say I feel anything but disappointment after following this thread for nearly 100 pages. Thanks to those of you who continue to stay true to the goal of objective understanding - it's difficult to wade through the BS in contentious issues like this as I try to grow my understanding of...
  4. 2poor4speakers

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

As a bystander… All I’m reading is theoretical jargon and flowery marketing terms from de-facto mqa supporters in this thread. 74 pages in and I still haven’t found a described benefit that’s not either vague or has been totally debunked.
  5. 2poor4speakers

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

I have an issue where my S8 suddenly stops playback after 15-20 minutes. Doesn't disconnect or anything (the source device still sees it) but it's annoying to have my music suddenly halted. Happens on iOS but hasn’t seemed to occur on macOS. Anyone else experience something similar?
Top Bottom