Recent content by 1roger

1. 1

Behringer A800 Stereo Amplifier Review

I think perhaps there was a guy who tested nc 252 and a800 both.. earlier in the thread(hansik?) if I remember correctly he stated the difference between them sonically were slight if any in his opinion. personally I would evaluate the a800 as powerful and detailed ..but a tiny bit cold/thin...
  2. 1

jut some suggestions.. have you tried swapping the signal cable from the amp with noise to the other and vice versa. if the cable is rca to xlr that could potentially be the issue as well..as the ground then floats. try connect the amp in regular stereo. keep power cables and signal cables...
  3. 1

300 years worth of humbled people and their theory is why ;)
  4. 1

Would be nice to have this measured as I don`t particularly agree with you on this. "better off with one decent power amp than two flawed amps" aside ofc.. is it fair to dismiss these things on some theoretical principle? "Why should a couple of watts drawn by the tweeter affect in any way...
  5. 1

same number of volts yes... but with more current overhead. there are indeed more current available with two amps as oppose to one amp of the same model. one also have to consider the power draw - a single speakers potential draw is less then two, which in itself increase the overhead..all other...
  6. 1

just off the top of my head, the work each amp have to do is simplified - there are no crosstalk(vertical) and each speaker have its own power supply. there is reduced back-emf meaning, the woofer doesn`t interact with the same amp as the tweeter and/or midrange(the inertial energy of the bass...
  7. 1

well, going active is a good idea if you really know what you are doing or...doesn`t mind the sound being all over the place as long as its tickle your pickle. for most people though its not going to be worth it to remove the original passive xovers ..many also forgets active filters bring a...
  8. 1

a significant improvement to your ears vs single amp(a800) setup?
  9. 1

may I ask if you have the a800 powered on continuously. several owners have reported there is a coldness/harshness in the sound listening with a freshly switched on amp. and according to them.. this is toned down if the amp is left on for days at a time
  10. 1

did you make use of the rca or xlr inputs on the a800. what cable setup, splitter etc
  11. 1

Benchmark AHB2 vs Quad artera vs hypex class d

A800 is built to a pricepoint.. simple as that. great sound for the cost. but you can`t expect cheap china internal components to hold up as quality components..just how it is. for some reason they might tho, who knows^^ ..but it would go against the pricepoint AND behringers general reputation
  12. 1

well.. its apparant the guy own the xls and a800 both so he shouldn`t have much bias..and are free to test the amps extensively. and for him and his particular system there is less point imo.. to blind test if the sound quality between the amps are in his own words - huge
  13. 1

one channel have more distortion then the other and both channels have `high` levels of distortion as one move up in frequency. I see the tester conclude with the amp is preferably used as a sub amp. edit.. after looking at the chart more carefully bass/midbass/midrange(?) ..tested hz data...
  14. 1

thanks! looks to be a fair bit worse for music reproduction compared to the behringer though
  15. 1

may I ask what crown this is
Top Bottom