Recent content by 1lifeliveit

1. 1

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

AKM chips have always been priced higher than Sabre ones. Don't know why. Maybe its their marketing strategy to promote it as the "premium" option.
  2. 1

ES9038 Pro is 8 channel, while ES9068AS is only 2 channel. Hence the price difference?
  3. 1

By then it will be USB 14 :p
  4. 1

USB 3 is backwards compatible. So if you use a USB 2 cable in a USB 3 port, the speeds will just drop to USB 2. Regardless, the speeds that you will be sending audio signals through to the DAC will be nowhere near the max speed of USB 2 let alone USB 3.
  5. 1

Gustard x16 comes with a USB A to usb B cable. I'm just using that to connect to Rpi. No problems whatsoever
  6. 1

Gustard X16 Owners feedback...

Yep. Its going back. What a PITA...its the price you pay for inexpensive technology I suppose :rolleyes:
  7. 1

Hi, I just received my x16 today. I turn it on, and theres no display. However, the DAC itself is working fine. Any ideas on how to turn the display on? I've tried the button on the unit both long press and single click. Nothing :(
  8. 1

Hum/Hiss on SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II

On mine the remote crapped itself after a year. Perfect excuse to buy a Gustard X16!
  9. 1

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

Cant agree more. Can we have a better quality remote for instance? One that feels nicer to hold and doesn't have piss poor 30 degree coverage?
  10. 1

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

Yes the Arlec ones (model RC212). I'm not very electrically savvy and I have no idea what they contain. Regardless, they ARE noisy. So I'm going to leave the amp on all the time. I read conflicting info regarding leaving these on. I'm sure the amp will be fine, albeit leaving it on reduces...
  11. 1

Hi John, Can I pick your brain on this RF interference with the amp? I've had these RF remote powerpoints (just your standard ones from bunnings) on my home theater setup with 3 amps and haven't had any issues with pops/crackles. But they are all Class A/B with linear power supplies. Now that...
  12. 1

I'll let the experts help you with this. But the only time I hear a slight pop (it's more like a gentle crackle) is when I switch on amp directly from the power point. I bought an rf remote controlled powerpoint to switch on/off the amp, but looks like the rf is interfering with amp. With the...
  13. 1

You must have read my mind :):)- I was trying to get the dimensions of the X16 and the pre90 to picture how they would stack. Thanks again. I think my mind is almost made up now.
  14. 1

Thanks mate. Appreciate it. I'm trying to reduce the number of boxes. If I have to go DAC+seperate preamp, all of a sudden the RME ADI-2 DAC sounds like a good proposition (input impedance is 0.1Ω ). I know it doesn't have MQA - but I'm a bit blasé about it. Mmmm.....decisions decisions....o_O
  15. 1

If that's not too much trouble, yes please. Still interested in the unit. My SMSL sanskrits remote cacked itself 2 days after I bought the IR extender. My purifi eval amps input impedance is 4.4KΩ . That's more than the 3KΩ required for the X16. Hoping that should be OK?
Top Bottom