Recent content by 1audio

1. 1

Class 1 Measurement Microphone 1/2", 1/4" vs class 2 calibrated

I could not get details on the Line audio mike but the Beyerdynamic may not be what you want. Its calibrated for diffuse field, which is different from free field. Free field means flat response to a source in axis where diffuse field means response to a broad angle, usually with an HF peak to...
  2. 1

Class 1 Measurement Microphone 1/2", 1/4" vs class 2 calibrated

I just found this discussion. I have been collecting measurement microphones for 40 years, not intentionally at first. I currently have 4 1" ,7 1/2", 2 1/4", and a probe microphone all 200V metal diaphragm types. Most old enough to vote. Some are ready for social security. I have also put...
  3. 1

Impact of AC Distortion & Noise on Audio Equipment

It's not the audio output that needs the wideband tools, it's the power line itself. And some power supplies pass the rf. through to the internal electronics which do not necessarily evidence as a simple output. I tried to point out that products tested for FCC and CE compliance usually won't...
  4. 1

Impact of AC Distortion & Noise on Audio Equipment

I see some limitation using the B&K. Its good for lower frequency stuff and checking for sensitivity to a variety of power source issues, like dropouts etc. But its bandlimit is too low. Power lines can move significant energy up to 30 MHz, which is what PLC uses with peak currents of over 1A...
  5. 1

Review and Measurements of Wireworld Starlight 7 USB Cable

Many years ago I was meeting with a cable vendor in Hong Kong who told me that the USB cable business was going to be awful. Awful because almost anything with 4 conductors would work and the cheap guys will eliminate any profit from the business. We went on to make fully compliant USB cables...
  6. 1

Beta tester wanted for an Android app to optimize speaker placement and listening room

it would be helpful to describe how the app works and how to use it. I was not clear if its a source and measure app that needs to connect to the amp-speaker or just listens or what? However I'm ready to try it.
  7. 1

Beware the FAKE "CE" mark

Yes its me. I felt I had to contribute to this discussion on the legitimacy of safety marks.
  8. 1

Beware the FAKE "CE" mark

In my experience the CE enforcement is done mostly by other mfr's complaining. The importer is the person on the hook, as the EU responsible party. If its a personal import (eBay or alibaba) the importer (you) will be on the hook. And when you get electrocuted your heirs can sue your estate. UL...
  9. 1

SMSL M500 Teardown & ESS ES9038Pro DAC Thermal Analysis

I have worked with AKM for a number of years and found them and their chips quite straightforward. No hidden special stuff (Except their DSP chips which you will need some help with). My ESS experiece resembles this with the myriad of ways it can misbehave. The AKM demo boards are a great...
Top Bottom