• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha R-N803 Euro Power Supply

JackWatts

Greetings all,

Long time listener, first time caller...

I'm currently using a Yamaha R-N803 receiver to drive my awesome Tekton Troubadours (j/k...too soon??)... I actually purchased the receiver in part to the measurements and Amir's review back in the day.

It is absolutely perfect for my needs, and dare I say I actually like Musicast... The problem is I'm moving to Spain and would like to take it with me. I found one "antique radio" website with a link to the repair manual with part numbers--but alas I can't actually access it (or join the site--no new members). I can intuit how to swap the power supply, if I can just find a schematic...somewhere... I did email a Yamaha dealer in Spain but that was a dead end.

I'm wondering if anyone has some thoughts on sourcing a Euro power supply for this thing? I could always sell it and pick something up there, but this is the one thing that draws power that I'd like to take with me. The feature set works great for me, and of course I love the "breathy, dynamic sound with notes of chocolate and honey" and all that...

Thanks for any assistance or thoughts, including "don't be an idiot going down this rabbit hole, just get something else".

Top Bottom