• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wireless planar headphones with THX AAA amplifier? (Update: Linus review and mentions ASR!)

thomasjast

Looks very good, though I wish they were open-back. I can’t go back to closed cans.

Severian

Forum Donor
The fact that Drop is taking money on Indiegogo when their website/platform is literally built around a pre-order/group buy model is an enormous red flag to me.

These may well be good headphones, but there's no way I'd pre-order them under the circumstances.

Veri

Master Contributor
The fact that Drop is taking money on Indiegogo when their website/platform is literally built around a pre-order/group buy model is an enormous red flag to me.

Supposedly indiegogo just allows a "wider audience" but it does raise questions. Is their accountability the same on both platforms, in case of problems or defects? Would be really lame if there is some behind-the-scenes reason why they're doing this.

In any case I was interested but decided against it. Those who backed the Audeze Mobius though, got a pretty sweet headphone at lower price. Maybe the end result will be again, good. But I'm not gonna test my luck.. :)

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Based off the discontinued but beloved oppo pm3. Changed tuning (downside for me) and included wireless and thxaaa-0(low power but good distortion performance at 1k). I would definitely buy one if they didn't change tuning.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Look like the first headphones I might be incentivized to buy since the HD 800s.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
It looks pretty good, I was surprised when they mentioned ASR and @amirm
Good to see this site get mainstream traction! The work done here is the lords work for real. Making the audio industry humble and honest.

Top Bottom